AMIKO Amiko A3 Owners Thread

What I find neat is the motion controller.. I barely touch the cursor button and it activates the motion controller... I can't figure out how its detecting me finger without me pressing anything.

I haven't hooked it up to Satellite yet, but its a great box on its own and has already given me many hours of entertainment. Is it perfect? No but I am amazed at how good it is... again if Google TV was like this Google TV would have caught on. :)

Reactions: dougruss
Is there a way to get video back after making a setting change to 1080p (which according to specs my TV was good for)? All I see now is the message from the TV "No Signal". I did backup, but still not real eager to push the recovery button on the back, especially after reading Dee_Ann's woes.

Thanks in advance.

Is there a way to get video back after making a setting change to 1080p (which according to specs my TV was good for)? All I see now is the message from the TV "No Signal". I did backup, but still not real eager to push the recovery button on the back, especially after reading Dee_Ann's woes.

Thanks in advance.

Bring it up in your web browser by typing the address of the A3 into it, and change the setting there. That should work. The receiver has a built-in web server.

Reactions: bpalone and Dee_Ann
Thanks primestar31. Had fits because of the way my network is set up, but finally got there and cured it.

I really like this new toy. There is a learning curve, but from what I've seen and figured out so far, it is a real winner.

I tried the ESPN3 app yesterday. There was a NCAA game I really wanted to see and couldn't find the feed FTA. The app downloaded and installed in seconds:) I was browsing the list of games and found my game :) Sweet!! But alas there was no joy :( It just wouldn't go. It stuttered and stammered like it was too much of a load for the processor. But, Charter doesn't provide me access to ESPN over the net unless I subscribe to their cable TV service and the ESPN tier. And right now they won't even do that. Still upgrading equipment is the excuse. So I'm not sure what was the issue there. Has anyone else used the ESPN3 app? Sure would be nice to have that working for the playoffs :).

Another thing was the 12/24 clock mode. The on screen displays will show a 12 hour clock but the display on the front of the unit will only display 24 hour time. Did I miss something there?

So, I've seen people saying that the box doesn't do 4:2:2 on live TV. But what happens if you access the streaming video in a web browser on the box itself rather than on another device? Will it display 4:2:2 correctly there?

So, I've seen people saying that the box doesn't do 4:2:2 on live TV. But what happens if you access the streaming video in a web browser on the box itself rather than on another device? Will it display 4:2:2 correctly there?

I can't figure out how to get video from it to play in my browser (Firefox) as of yet. It just doesn't work for me.

Primestar31, I had quite a bit of trouble getting the Alien 2's web streaming to work, then all of a sudden it just did after restarting my browser a few times. Some sort of Java problem, I suspect -- later, they changed the streaming system to avoid Java altogether after a Java upgrade broke the old method.

Magic Static, If you mean you can't change channels on the receiver and have the web stream follow, I expected that, because that's how it works on the A2. You have to change channels in the web interface (and this will consequently change the channel on the TV output, if you're watching it at the time.)

Yes, it streams 4.2.2 just fine

Everyone expected it to, that wasn't what I was asking about. I was asking if you could view 4:2:2 on your TV by streaming into a browser on the A3. I don't know how the A3 handles streaming, but if whatever browser comes with the system won't do it, I would expect that you could install another browser since it's an Android system.

My ancient Westinghouse 32" flat screen does not have HDMI.
It does have component, RF, A/V, composite and DVI inputs.
Does the A3 support any of these inputs?

‘fraid not.. HDMI only it seems. But you can get an “HDMI to whatever” convertor.

I don’t know if this will work for sure but it’s something to look at. I don’t think DVI carries sound through it.

Does anyone know how to make the A3 pair up with the remote control?
I got mine back from repair but it no longer is aware that my remote exists. It doesn’t recognize it and I can not find any information on how to re-pair the two.
I used the web interface to go through the settings and there’s nothing in there about pairing the remote.

Does anyone know how to make the A3 pair up with the remote control?
I got mine back from repair but it no longer is aware that my remote exists. It doesn’t recognize it and I can not find any information on how to re-pair the two.
I used the web interface to go through the settings and there’s nothing in there about pairing the remote.

Here verbatim from the Quick start guide (which is a little pamphlet that came with it):

1: Press and HOLD power key for 3 seconds on the front panel of Spark2 box to call up Spark2 starts pairing process, the pairing message appears on Spark2 screen: Your Spark2 is trying to pair with a remote control, please keep pressing Game button for 5 seconds within 60 seconds if you don't long press the Game key in 60 seconds, Spark2 will exit pairing process automatically"
2: Long press the Game key on the remote control to start to pair the remote control with your Spark2 box
3: Once paired, remote control will response with a vibrating alert and the operating status light changes to solid Blue at the same time Spark2 tv displays success message "the remote control with id:xxxxxxx has been paired successfully with the Spark2 box

Reactions: Dee_Ann

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts