AMIKO Amiko A3 Owners Thread

I wish I would of made a backup before I loaded anything including sats and channels. A backup just like I received it. My own fault, live and learn. I have a backup from from when I set it up that gets me working, but something is wrong. I loaded Kodi and it will not work, as soon as I try to add a addon it sits there forever and does nothing. The receiver works great and I guess that is what I will use it for, but for the rest of it's functions something is broke..

I've got two A3s, one from the very first shipment and a "Jenny Irish Red" special I bought in April. While I have an occasional lockup with them, it's no more frequent than any other FTA receiver I've ever owned. I've had more problems with my WDTV Live media players and Sony bluray player than I do with the A3s.

The only times I've used the wireless network connection was for testing purposes. Both A3s have been connected to my network with fixed IP addresses through the ethernet connection since I got them. DHCP is turned off. I always make backups both before and after making significant changes to the receivers, just like I do with any of my other computers.

Both were also upgraded from XBMC to Kodi 15.1 a couple of weeks ago and I haven't experienced any problems yet. Hopefully I won't.

BTW, the original A3 is running ROM v2.0.74 and the newer one is running v2.0.72.

My A3 just hit the wall. It crashed then it was blindscanning SES3. I rebooted - and was met with the Recovery screen. I reset cache and user data but don't know what to do next. I looked at amikousa but didn't see anything about the recovery procedure.

Can anyone fill me in on the update.zip?

My A3 just hit the wall. It crashed then it was blindscanning SES3. I rebooted - and was met with the Recovery screen. I reset cache and user data but don't know what to do next. I looked at amikousa but didn't see anything about the recovery procedure.

Can anyone fill me in on the update.zip?
Have only had this happen to me once, but I just had to clear cache and user data and then restore from my latest back-up and all was well.

Reactions: T134
This happened to me not long ago as well. In my case it was something bad in KODI that corrupted userdata, locked the box, wiped it out and generally made a mess.

Disconnect power, reconnect power and immediately hold the front panel button until the recovery screen comes up. This is 15-20 seconds. Clear userdata twice for good measure and the cache, even though it should already be empty. If you really want to wipe most everything, also use the system recovery ROM here: http://www.amiko-a3.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/A3-System-Partition-Restore-ROM-Instructions.pdf

Once you've done cleanup, update to ROM 2.0.72-.74 if you used the restore ROM. Finally, use the backup app on the system tab to restore your satellite list and whatever apps you want on there. Total time to completely redo a box as described above is 20 minutes or so, depending on what and how many Apps you are putting back on.

Reactions: dougruss
Thanks - I didn't know about the pressing the front panel button last night.
It was booting to the Recovery menu, but running update.zip after did nothing.
Starting with pressing the front panel button, clearing cache, user data, and then update.zip works.

Thanks for your help!!

Last edited:
Reactions: beavs2112 and T134
This happened to me not long ago as well. In my case it was something bad in KODI that corrupted userdata, locked the box, wiped it out and generally made a mess.

Disconnect power, reconnect power and immediately hold the front panel button until the recovery screen comes up. This is 15-20 seconds. Clear userdata twice for good measure and the cache, even though it should already be empty. If you really want to wipe most everything, also use the system recovery ROM here: http://www.amiko-a3.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/A3-System-Partition-Restore-ROM-Instructions.pdf

Once you've done cleanup, update to ROM 2.0.72-.74 if you used the restore ROM. Finally, use the backup app on the system tab to restore your satellite list and whatever apps you want on there. Total time to completely redo a box as described above is 20 minutes or so, depending on what and how many Apps you are putting back on.

Hey, anyone know how I can get rid of " unfortunately, com.Google.tv. Discovery has stopped " ? I've already done the recovery screen thing so I don't know what's going on.

Have you tried doing a Restore?
Sounds like an APP you have is not playing nice.
Sometimes un-installing and re-installing can help.

Hey, anyone know how I can get rid of " unfortunately, com.Google.tv. Discovery has stopped " ? I've already done the recovery screen thing so I don't know what's going on.

1443651382170.jpg 1443651411378.jpg

Yeah, I done it a couple of times delete user data clean cache to no avail maybe I'll just start uninstalling apps the problem is that screen doesn't go away it's really hard to do anything because it's always in the way demanding attention.