AMIKO Amiko

Don 78

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2022
Buffalo,ny
I have a defective Amiko 4K UHD from over a year ago. I can not get any good help from Amiko, and the supplier does not give any help either. The supplier said he would replace it after I immediately reported the defective unit the day after I received it, and he has not kept his word.

Does anybody know how to get it working? ( Amiko's help site is no help either.)

Don

• Sad
Reactions: FTA4PA
I have a defective Amiko 4K UHD from over a year ago. I can not get any good help from Amiko, and the supplier does not give any help either. The supplier said he would replace it after I immediately reported the defective unit the day after I received it, and he has not kept his word.

Does anybody know how to get it working? ( Amiko's help site is no help either.)

Don

I only own the older Amiko Mini HD SE so have no knowledge about the 4K UHD model but what is happening with it specifically? Maybe someone here can figure out the problem.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your 4K unit. Surprised you have not gotten a response from Amiko. I work with them all the time and they have a great team.
What kind of issues are you having?
Maybe I can help you get it going.

Reactions: clucas and FTA4PA
Sorry to hear you are having issues with your 4K unit. Surprised you have not gotten a response from Amiko. I work with them all the time and they have a great team.
What kind of issues are you having?
Maybe I can help you get it going.
For openers, unit only allows one satellite to be downloaded. I contacted Amiko and they sent me a manual for another one of their models, after asking for a manual. I found out later, that there is no manual for the 4K UHK. The unit over all is defective in many other functions... I am tired of explaining all of them to Amiko and the supplier.

I have been downloading satellite tv for over 15 years with many tuners and troubleshooted them not only for myself but also for friend and relative, and I have never experienced such a lack of quality or lack of support from a manufacturer. I am confused when you call them "a great team." Since the Amiko fiasco , I have installed a tuner for less than 1 third of the price I paid for the Amiko, and the $31.00 tuner is working fine.

How do you get help from Amiko?

Thanks for your response,

Don

I only own the older Amiko Mini HD SE so have no knowledge about the 4K UHD model but what is happening with it specifically? Maybe someone here can figure out the problem.
Thanks for your response.

For openers, the Amiko only allows one satellite to be downloaded. It has many other defects... and I am tired of explaining them to Amiko and the supplier. I asked Amiko for a manual for the 4k UHD and they sent me a manual of one of their their other models which did not have same functions. Later I found out that there is no manual for the 4K UHD.

I have been downloading satellite tv for over 15 years with many tuners and troubleshooted them not only for myself but also for friend and relative, and I have never experienced such a lack of quality or lack of support from a manufacturer. Since the Amiko fiasco, I have downloaded a tuner for lees than 1 third that I payed for the Amiko, and the #31.00 tuner is working fine.

How do you get help from Amiko?

Don

You will need to go into more detail by what you mean by only one satellite downloaded? Also, not many receivers made these days have a manual that come with them, it so, it is a pamphlet of some sort that don't really tell you anything.

By great team, I mean they answer quick and I get good help from them. Not sure what is going on with your situation, but sorry to hear, unless it is a third party. If it is indeed Amiko, their products(like all FTA receivers) are meant for the European market, where things are way different over there. Here it is a hobby. They don't live here and it may be harder for them to understand your situation.

Sounds like you are pretty sour with it right now, but when you cool off a bit I am curious what you mean by one satellite? And am willing to help you. I have literally sold hundreds of the 4K units and have lots of happy customers. Maybe you got a bad firmware? If you got it from someone in NA, I can assure you they were not an authorized reseller if they treated you like that.

The Amiko Mini 4K units that I sell I have set for every(or just about) satellite from 15 degs W to 177W. I can assure you they do more than one satellite.
What satellite exactly are you trying to receiver mainly or which ones?