An Idiot needs some help

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes it works with a Phase III. What's a simulated Phase III?

Works fine with a Phase III dish. Will work with any dish that can be connected to a multiswitch. That means it has to have 2 LNBs. If it's a single LNB dish (only one connector), you can't use any sort of multiswitch. If it is a steerable dish (points to only one satellite at a time) then it will work with a multiswitch for the 101 satellite but not for 119, you need to set the dish type to 18in round. Steerable dishes are not compatible with any type of multisat setup multiswitch, unless you restrict your receiver to the 101 sat only, then it works fine..

Since you are acting like you know, I'm assuming you don't in fact know. Perhaps you would like to prove me wrong. Why don't you explain exactly why it costs $450 to convert the dish to swm.

Adding to this, I checked the KVH module list. Looks like there is NO SWM "upgrade kit" for the dish the OP has. There is an SWM for the HD dish but this is quite different, it is essentially a non-SWM slimline.
As I posted, if the OP connects the two cables from the dish to the 99/101 connections on the SWM8 multiswitch, then sets the dish type to 18in round, sets the multiswitch type to SWM, it should work fine for 101 reception.

SWM WON'T work with Legacy receivers (RCA, HNS, Sony, D10, D11)

I know. I worked for DirecTV. The single wire multiswitch only works with D12 receivers and up.

To the OP: You need to have D10, D11 receivers (for non swim setup) or D12, H21-24 or HR 21-23 (for swm setup).

Working in customer service I occasionally got asked this question for people who are wanting service on a boat/rv. I would say the best bet for you would be looking at craigslist in your local area to find people selling standard receivers that they own...they shouldn't be expensive, and they would work for you, and best of all, you can deactivate them when they're not in use without having to send them back in (they'll ask for the cards, but I've never actually seen anyone get charged for not returning them).

ALWAYS ask the seller for the receiver id numbers (RID) and call DirecTV to verify that they are in fact owned. If they say they were leased, don't buy them, as they won't activate them for you.

Another option is to purchase the standard receivers as owned from DirecTV directly, but again, that's more expensive.

?Let me know if you have any other questions.

evilwinter - I am not sure which post you are replying to but it isn't this one. The OP has an H25 which is an SWM-only receiver. Not a legacy receiver. So he is not looking to buy anything.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Evilwinter!

The op wants to use his H25s in his boat so he doesn't have to get 5 new boxes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.