An issue with my iPhone! Halp!

IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Hello everyone, I am having an issue with my iphone, today I woke up and saw 3 brown tranparent bubbles under my iPhone screen. They were literally under the screen. It's on the very top left hand corner. You can't see it unless there is a bright light shinig on my iPhone. The good thing is it's not on the monitor where the LCD images appear. However I am vey diasapponted. Now, is anyone noticed this issue? I've heard many people have the same issue on google. I was thinking to go at the apple store for a replacement. But I am concerned if i'm going to lose all my contacts and pictures and apps if they were to give me a replacement. I frequently backup my iPhone on iTunes, so I should be fine right?

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
You will be fine. Just plug it into itunes and it will ask you if you want to restore from a backup. :)

IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Btw did any of u get that problem with bubbles under the screen? And all I gotta do is just walk in an apple store with my original receipt right?

JAG72

JAG72

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 16, 2006
Earth
Are you sure they are really bubbles? I have three brown spots that you can only see in the bright light right next to the ear piece. I have found out that these are actually the sensors that turn the display off while you are talking on the phone with it held next to your ear. As a test call you home phone and then place your finger over the area you are concerned with.

IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Yeha,, thats its. So you think thats normal?

JAG72

JAG72

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 16, 2006
Earth
I would have to guess yes but I just am not sure. I personally am not concerned with it.

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I dont see anything like that on my screen. If you are concerned take it to the apple store and let them take a look, after all the worst they can do is laugh at you. :)

JAG72

JAG72

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 16, 2006
Earth
I only see mine in the brightest of lights and normally only in the sunlight.

IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Scott, give that a try in a very bright area.
I see, other people said the same thing, weird eh?

IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Cool, ok, I got too attached to this phone, didn't feel like to get another one.
Never dropped it, not even a scratch, I take care of this thing more than my car believe it or not!

Pepper

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
yeah, i noticed those holes on mine the other day, only visible in the sunlight. I wondered what they were.