An Update

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If it's going to end up being a 3 to 4 week delay then the problem is a lot more then just account authorization issues. (And I'm not saying it's a 3-4 week delay)

He was responding to a post here made by a few, and I am pretty sure he can post what he wants within the rules of the sight owners. I will go out on a limb and suggest you are not one them, so if you do not like what people are typing, perhaps you should take your smiley little A$$ elsewhere, or better yet DONT READ IT..

Man what is with people??

Since you want to go the inmature and childess route. You can kiss my simley face ASS!

No, I am balancing what they are saying with the predictions of my own sources and the insiders who occassionally post updates around the net, the ones who are not overly biased toward making directv look good anyway, like bschenider. They think the delay won't be quite that long, so I'm taking the safe approach.

Oh - your guessing. Ok, at least we know.

Update!! Directv Website Has Been Changed!!

Hi,
Just like to first say that i am new the the forums here and i really appreciate all the new information about the hd launch that you guys have been providing. That being said, i just noticed that the directv website is finally saying some sort of a date for launch. It now states that some hd channels will be launching in september and that we will have 70 by the end of october and 100 by the end of the year. So basically we will see some sort of hd channels this month. Hope this helps anyone.

now now - can't both of you at least disagree in a more civil manner?
:tux:

I didn't want to take it there but I'm not interested in the freak'in weather in AZ. That's what TWC is for.

Sorry If offended anyone except the OP.

Well the D* website does say October.

Actually it says starting THIS month in the very updated webpage:

DIRECTV is committed to bringing you the best in HD programming. Starting this month, we will be launching many of your favorite national channels in HD, including CNN HD, A&E HD, The History Channel HD, National Geographic Channel HD, Food Network HD, premiums like HBO HD, Showtime HD, Cinemax HD, Starz HD — and many more.

That's just the beginning. By the end of October, DIRECTV will deliver over 70 HD channels. And by the end of the year, you'll get up to 100 of the channels you really want to see in breathtaking HD. That's more than any other cable or satellite provider.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageNR.jsp?assetId=3280008

Hi,
Just like to first say that i am new the the forums here and i really appreciate all the new information about the hd launch that you guys have been providing. That being said, i just noticed that the directv website is finally saying some sort of a date for launch. It now states that some hd channels will be launching in september and that we will have 70 by the end of october and 100 by the end of the year. So basically we will see some sort of hd channels this month. Hope this helps anyone.

:welcome to Satelliteguys

This is being discussed in another thread so I am going to move this into that thread.

I'm no software expert, but I did some testing for a system upgrade for my employer over the past month. Everything went fine in development, and clone testing, but as soon as we tried to go live with it and put it into prodiction everything crashed. That was two weeks ago, and IS still isn't 100% sure when they will get the issues resolved.

I just wish they would turn on ONE channel. THAT would make folks quiet down a bit (I would think)

My contact at Turner says they were told last night the 21st... But they were also told the 19th too so who knows.

I am only posting info that I get from a person that I feel is reliable - though as we see no one is infallible.

The events that caused this delay were not even known until the evening of the 18th - and that is how it goes.

As of about 20 minutes ago, I was told that they are AIMING for the morning to begin. It depends on finishing up some tasks that they are currently working on.

Can it change - well HELL yeah!

I can say for CERTAINTY that the issues have NOTHING to do with pixelation, and I have been told that the PQ is actually OUTSTANDING (that from a person that I KNOW has seen them firsthand).

Let's hope they get their work done today.

Yes I have also been told that the PQ is outstanding and will give FIOS a run for their money in the PQ department.

I say BRING IT ON!

Status
Please reply by conversation.