analog recievers on c-band and installation question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hanksmith5

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 20, 2009
az
hello I have my 7 foot cband dish still have to set it up I have 1 coolsat 6000 reciever and a fusion nova, can any of these recievers recieve ananlog stuff on c-band? also where ca I get a pull to put the dish up? there any other installations I can use besides a pole to install it or is the pole the only way? 3. I think I hafve a lmbf all in 1 feed horn, if this is the case what is needed to get cband and ku band feeds? how much is the equipment? is it easy to change? 5 if I aim the dish south do I have to do anything else? Hank

I don't think either of those receivers can get analog, but most good FTA digital in the US is on C-band. Aiming the dish is complicated. You can get a pole from a fence or plumbing supply company, but getting the right size can be complicated.

You might want to search for a FAQ on installing C-band dishes... I've done it myself a few times, but it's not for the timid.
--Gary

You will need to go on ebay and get you an analog receiver. they are not very useful except to move the dish. you can get them for less than 50.00 on ebay.
Most c band dishes need to be on a 3.5" schedule 40 steel pipe. don't use fence posts or conduit. too thin and your dish will come crashing to the ground in a wind storm.
at our local plumbing supply when i said "3.5" pipe" they didn't understand saying they had 4". the 3.5" rating is the inside diameter which is used in the satellite world but not plumbing world LOL.

actually if you get a GBox (or VBox) you wouldnt need the analog receiver. The GBox is what allows you to move the dish with the Coolsat (or any digital receiver)

Site sponser Sadoun has them

hello what analog reciever do you suggest I get fore analog reception? also where can I pick up a gbox or vbox at to move the dish? how much are these boxes? is there any analog left on c-band or it all digital? Hank

hello what analog reciever do you suggest I get fore analog reception? also where can I pick up a gbox or vbox at to move the dish? how much are these boxes? is there any analog left on c-band or it all digital? Hank
I wouldn't bother with analog. There's not much to watch except in Europe, where it's now pretty much being phased out. Go FTA :)

I wouldn't bother with analog. There's not much to watch except in Europe, where it's now pretty much being phased out. Go FTA :)

But he'll need an analog receiver to change polarity in his LNBF since, i guess, it doesn't have a digital LNBF, and neither the Coolsat nor the NFusion can change polarities from the servo.

M.

I just came back to C Band after a 7 year hiatus and was very disappointed to find out that there are so few analog channels, here are the ones I am able to receive:

AMC10 HSN and QVC
G15 Classic Arts, ETWN, Shop NBC, Inspiration
AMC11 CSpan and The Weather Channel (Scrambled but I get Video using an old Videocipher, no audio though)
AMC21 ESPN and ESPN2 (Scrambled, same situation as Weather Channel)
G16 Shepard's Channel

THAT'S IT! 11 Channels, 3 of them scrambled, hardly any feeds as far as Im concerned. Better go FTA like I did

there's still some feeds up there analog but their not in my opinion worth messing with.
If your running a corotor type feedhorn with a servo polarity motor you need an analog receiver.

you can figure out the economics.... an analog receiver 50.00 or so. requiring you to fumble two remotes (like i do) to change polarity and move the dish to the appropriate satellite and H or V for the digital signal you wish to get on your fta box.

or you can buy a c band lnbf that will use coax voltage from the receiver to switch seemlessly as you flip channels and a vbox that will automatically move the dish when you choose another satellite. For a new person...i would recommend the G or V box route with an lnbf.

lots of digital stuff up there nowdays...don't be too disappointed about the absence of analog.
the channel population has exploded. tons of stuff in digital. we do not disclose what we can receive (legally) because the fear the programmers will encrypt the signals if they think we found them. different members have different attitudes and opinions on this and i am not trying to start a hijacked thread debate .

with digital your dish has to be aimed properly. analog is more forgiving of aiming errors since you would simply have sparklies if your signal is not optimal....on digital you pretty much have a perfect picture or nothing. maybe some freezing or macroblocking of the images if your signal level drops below the digital cliff effect. have fun and all of us on here will help you any way we can.

Sadoun Satellite Sales (1-888-519-9595) has gboxes and lnbf's if your interested.
also another person i deal with is American Satellite Distributors for DirecTV, Free-To-Air, Satellite Dishes, Towers and they are great too. nothing but great experience buying from both sadoun and eyeinthesky.

thanks fore the help a few more questions I am going to assume thiws has the lmbf cause I can't feel the separate lmbfs so if that is the case I may have the proper lmb
is there radio on analog or is it all moved to digital? if so where isradio analog found at? can I use analog channel to aim my dish onisially and tem from there go from there? I am site impaired I will have a sighted friend helping me out but we need the easiest possible route to go. several more questions but will wait fore a answer on these fore now? this is my first ever c-band in my life so am totally conpleetly new 100 percent to all of this Hank

G4 (G16 99W) has syndicated feeds on 17,18,19 most of the day but getting a DVB reciever is the way to go :)

thanks fore the help a few more questions I am going to assume thiws has the lmbf cause I can't feel the separate lmbfs so if that is the case I may have the proper lmb
is there radio on analog or is it all moved to digital? if so where isradio analog found at? can I use analog channel to aim my dish onisially and tem from there go from there? I am site impaired I will have a sighted friend helping me out but we need the easiest possible route to go. several more questions but will wait fore a answer on these fore now? this is my first ever c-band in my life so am totally conpleetly new 100 percent to all of this Hank

You can but it's gonna require time, it's much easier on the Satellites that have 24/7 feeds like AMC10, AMC11, AMC21 and G16 but Ive had trouble locating the sats that don't have analog feeds like AMC3, G28, G3C, G19, AMC1, since I dont have a disecq motor I have had to use my analog receiver to position the dish and I have still not been able to get any FTA on those sats

I just came back to C Band after a 7 year hiatus and was very disappointed to find out that there are so few analog channels, here are the ones I am able to receive:

AMC10 HSN and QVC
G15 Classic Arts, ETWN, Shop NBC, Inspiration

AMC11 CSpan and The Weather Channel (Scrambled but I get Video using an old Videocipher, no audio though)

AMC21 ESPN and ESPN2 (Scrambled, same situation as Weather Channel)

G16 Shepard's Channel

THAT'S IT! 11 Channels, 3 of them scrambled, hardly any feeds as far as Im concerned. Better go FTA like I did

And we should count those three out since they can only be viewed with a hacked Videocipher so you can steal channels.

And... we don't steal, nor condone the stealing of signals in this forum, right? :).

M.

And we should count those three out since they can only be viewed with a hacked Videocipher so you can steal channels.

And... we don't steal, nor condone the stealing of signals in this forum, right? :).

M.

I miss the good old days :(

heck I miss the days when I was able to go to bigdish.com and get VCII subscriptions for channels there was no other way to get down here, I found out the other day that page isn't even active anymore

I agree, digital is the way to go, it's a no brainer. Like stated previously there's next to nothing on analog...literally. A handful of channels, and a few feeds every now and then. I don't even know if I'd waste $50 on one considering that with a little searching and elbow rubbing you're likely to find an old one locally. I love my GBox from Sadoun for moving my dish...it's incredibly easy once paired with an FTA box. I would get going with the Coolsat 6000 and a GBox and once you get comfortable with everything, I'd consider an AZBox or a PCI/USB card to get the HD and 4:2:2 content. If you find an analog receiver cheap somewhere, it's a nice add-on to play with. I rarely turn mine on, like maybe once a month, and that's usually to just "see" if there's anything interesting (and usually not). I have seen an increase in analog feeds on G16, but it's usually something I could normally see on local OTA anyway :)

Is there any way you could post some pictures of what you do have? That way we could advise you on the best way to go.
As already stated but probably can not be over stated, digital is definitely the way you will want to go, there are very few channels available in analog.

hello thanks fore the help I have been on vacation just got back. I can have a sighted person take photos of the dish would photos via cell phone work? also currently the dish is not put togeather I have to get a zbox, and a pole to mount it. found one that required no concreete am going to call on that this week but I can have a person take pics of the equipment, besides I need some one sighted to tell me if I am missing any parts anyways. where do I post photos to? have never done this before so could use some help email me off list if you like at hanksmith5@gmail.com Hank

hank, when you reply to the message, or start a new message, scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll find "Manage Attachments" that will allow you to upload pictures to include in your message.

hello give me a week or to to get these photos done and I will post to the thread. how can I notify folks there are here or will this thread appear at the top of new posts? am unsure how this perticular board works. Hank

hello give me a week or to to get these photos done and I will post to the thread. how can I notify folks there are here or will this thread appear at the top of new posts? am unsure how this perticular board works. Hank

Yes, when you make a new post (and attach your photos) to this thread, it will bump this thread up to the top of the list in this forum.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts