Android OS 2.2 FROYO

FYI, you can get Froyo 2.2 for your Droid or Nexus now...if you Root. Been running 2.2 FRF57 on my Droid for a few weeks now and it is rock solid...and FAST! Also the apps to SD card works great!

I created a Black Glass Theme for a week or so ago. :)

[Theme] 928Droid "Black Glass" 2.2 for Froyo - Update.zip - MetaMorph - Back to Stock - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Yup, and we have been discussing it for several weeks here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/phone-zone/215849-froyo-droid-leaked-19.html

Many of us have gone to jrummy's smooth Froyo flavor of kangerade. :)

I am not finding many apps that are permitting install to SD card.

Yup, and we have been discussing it for several weeks here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/phone-zone/215849-froyo-droid-leaked-19.html

Many of us have gone to jrummy's smooth Froyo flavor of kangerade. :)

I am not finding many apps that are permitting install to SD card.

I know I just found that thread, somehow missed it before.

Have you done the manual "tweek" for Apps to SD yet? Google currently has it disabled in the leaks. Just a simple ADB command and then you can move almost all apps you want to SD card. Just stay away from those that have widgets.

In Terminal type: pm setInstallLocation 2 {hit enter and nothing will happen} Then the greyed out Move to SDCard buttons will be active.

NOTE:- That command is case sensitive

This will default to installing all new apps to the SDcard and allow you to move most existing ones there if you chose....or vice versa.

I know I just found that thread, somehow missed it before.

Have you done the manual "tweek" for Apps to SD yet? Google currently has it disabled in the leaks. Just a simple ADB command and then you can move almost all apps you want to SD card. Just stay away from those that have widgets.

In Terminal type: pm setInstallLocation 2

This will default to installing all new apps to the SDcard and allow you to move most existing ones there if you chose....or vice versa.

I have not done that yet, but will try it later. Right now everything is working very well with jrummy. OC'd to 900Mhz, the phone is zippy, has wireless tethering, and has been like a new toy. :)

does rooting cause you to lose your pics you have on the phone? or will all that stuff still be there because its on the SD card? What info will I lose when you do the data/cache wipes? I'm assuming all my points and playing history for RoboDefense will be gone? :)

does rooting cause you to lose your pics you have on the phone? or will all that stuff still be there because its on the SD card? What info will I lose when you do the data/cache wipes? I'm assuming all my points and playing history for RoboDefense will be gone? :)

ANything stored on the SD Card will be there; when you wipe and clean cache, it wipes out all data on the actual phone, and you have to log-in to google, from which point google begins restoring your apps (magically), But I also use my backup pro, and backup all of my apps and data to the SD card, and then restore stuff like call logs and text messages manually.

It is also a good idea to backup your SD card to a computer - if the SD card gets corrupted, all the backups in the world won't save your data.

Once you are rooted, you can do rom backups (or what are called nandroid backups) using rom manager (or through nandroid in recovery mode). Also, once you are rooted, my backup pro will not only backup apps, but it will backup any data associated with that app, i.e., your points and playign history for robodefense would be restorable.

I forced FRF85 onto my N1 when the link to the update became public.
And one day later I got the notification about FRF91 update (and installed).
Being able to turn you N1 into an access point is nice....
Still doesn't work with 11n on my home linksys.

I have to say FRF91 feels better. Nothing in particular, just "smoother" feeling...

But both didn't have the power widget that I got used to like...

Diogen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)