Anik F3 at 118.8

Status
Please reply by conversation.
depends on which satellite and if its your true south or not :)
I noticed on those older LNB's skew depends on the satellite. If I remember right (and my memory is foggy) the notch would be at 9:00 or 3:00 for Horizontal

yes it is

thanks ICE

Maybe my dish is too small to get either 118.7 or 121. I am trying with a 6 ft solid spun true focus dish. Any thoughts?

6 ft? is more than enough for those 2 birds. I just installed a fixed 1.2 m just for the spanish channels there. I will probably try also getting 121W tomorrow , at least some interesting tp's if i can but I have no hope for getting both with a 1.2m. the 6 ft gets everything ITC from both birds perfectly. For anik f3 i get 37 Q on a viewsat ultra and also on a cw 650p after a 3x4 switch which is good for those receivers (viewsat thereshold is around 17 and CW is around 24. the CW is even using a diplexer to split the cable tv signal. CS 8100 wa showing 22 quality on the new equity signals.

the birdog maxed at 13-14 quality with around 80 dBmicroV and 7.5 dB S/N at the lnb. the conical scalar helped to go from 3 quality without any scalar at all to 13. i am using a gospell dual lnb.

you are more likely doing something wrong.

Last edited:
Maybe my dish is too small to get either 118.7 or 121. I am trying with a 6 ft solid spun true focus dish. Any thoughts?

Cruzin,
I'm in Holland and can pick up both the ANIK mux on 118 as well as STO on 121W with a 1.2M miniBUD . You shouldn't have any trouble with a 6 footer, once you nail it down.
:)

I am pulling 83/86 signal and 25/35 quality on Anik F3. The signal jumps maybe the dish moves with with wind.
What position is Anik F3 118.7 or 118.8? I have it set to 118.8 on my Fortec Mercury II.
I am also pulling the mux on 99 and KLUZ on 91 (this one comes in really strong)

A 6' dish should give you plenty of signal on Anik F3. BTW I am in Toronto.

brent you should get more than Sto , I also get JTV , TVW and Sportsman channel after a 3x4 switch. I will try aiming better to get the genesis mux that uses 7/8 FEC like TVW.

well i see your mini-BUD is motorised so that could account for the difference. mine is fixed and tweaked to the maximum.

brent you should get more than Sto , I also get JTV , TVW and Sportsman channel after a 3x4 switch. I will try aiming better to get the genesis mux that uses 7/8 FEC like TVW.

well i see your mini-BUD is motorised so that could account for the difference. mine is fixed and tweaked to the maximum.
I think you're right that being motorized limits the "exactness" of my aim. I didn't even get the STO HD until Iceberg clued me in to change my skew a little bit. Then , although I lost a little on STO SD, I gained a solid STO HD, and still kept Peachtree TV when it's up. The two baseball channels are my primary targets. I've got a big expensive Directv sub ( for my wife), so I have plenty of SD stuff to watch, if I can stand the lack of visual quality.
:)

This coming weekend I am going to check out my lnb allignment with the focal of the dish. I do not have one of them fancy things you put in place of the lnb with a rod on it but I have been thinking of how I can see if its centered. I will use a 3ft. straight edge and hold it square to the scalar and mark it on the dish where it touches it top bottom and both sides then measure from the edge of the dish all sides to see if its centered. Or maybe someone has a better suggestion.?

Finally got 121 at 93q and if I move the dish a bit I can get the 118 also. When I first found them I had both sats at the same time. Then I moved it to get 121 better. Next nice day outside I will try to get both at same time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)