Annoying message pops up on hopper 3 - "the hopper snap usb device is now connected and working" 1592

supsupsup

Original poster
May 11, 2021
USA
"the hopper snap usb device is now connected and working" 1592
Anyone know why or how to stop the message from appearing? We don't have any special add ons. We just had the devices installed about a month ago.

What model Hopper do you have? According to this, the Snap device added processing power to earlier model Hoppers. See if there's one of these plugged in to the upper USB port on the back of the Hopper and maybe make sure it's plugged in securely.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Indeed, there is a device plugged in to the usb port (I assume that's the SNAP). Anyone know why I get the annoying message a few times a day? I did make sure it was plugged in well in the USB port, and still get the message.

"the hopper snap usb device is now connected and working" 1592
Anyone know why or how to stop the message from appearing? We don't have any special add ons. We just had the devices installed about a month ago.
I get this message but not every time I turn on the HWS. A minor annoyance, unless it portends some other problem with the USB port or the
Snap module itself. There have been times lately when the HWS seems sluggish leading me to think perhaps the Snap module for some reason stops functioning.

Reactions: TheKrell
We only stock Hopper 3s, we feel bad for Dish customers that get stuck with a HWS or even worse, 1st gen Hopper....
Retailers may have a choice but Dish creates the work orders and modifying out of a Hopper Sling or worse, a Hopper 2K is not easy. Hopper 2K's are generally for bad credit or Pay as You Go customers, so no way they get a Hopper 3 without purchasing it

I also have a HWS Dish receiver. Just so you know... I only got that message once, the first time that I plugged my snap into the HWS. The snap has been connected for a long time, and I have never seen that message again.

As others have said, bottom line is that something is wrong with either your snap or your HWS.

I also have a HWS Dish receiver. Just so you know... I only got that message once, the first time that I plugged my snap into the HWS. The snap has been connected for a long time, and I have never seen that message again.

As others have said, bottom line is that something is wrong with either your snap or your HWS.
I just talked with support, their suggestion to fix this.... unplug the SNAP and leave it out.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Retailers may have a choice but Dish creates the work orders and modifying out of a Hopper Sling or worse, a Hopper 2K is not easy. Hopper 2K's are generally for bad credit or Pay as You Go customers, so no way they get a Hopper 3 without purchasing it
I just got upgraded from a HWS to a Hopper 3 for $107.50 for a leased H3 with one call to Dish and not long on hold, but I have good credit.

Reactions: charlesrshell