Anntenna Selection Help

ccvalentino

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
maryland
Hello,

I've had a Winegard SG-1000 with a pre-amp for several years. It's done well in my market area (added the pre-amp after the local affiliates lowered their power), but recently has been having issues with reception (I'm down to about 4 of the strongest stations). The cover fell off a few years ago, so I suspect that the antenna element may have been damaged in a recent storm while I was on vacation.

So, I'm in search of a replacement for the Winegard SG-1000.

Here is my TV-Fool report: TV Fool

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

If the Baltimore affiliates are all that's necessary, a Winegard HD-7694 or an AntennaCraft HBU33 above the roof should be more than adequate for one or two TVs without an amplifier. Either antenna will also be much more durable than the Sensar; the 7694 has an edge for better gain and smaller size.

Add a pre-amplifier only if more than two TVs will be connected to the antenna and/or the DC stations are desired. The strong signals from the first four stations on the TVFool list may make high-gain amplifiers problematic, though, so go with a Winegard HDP-269 amp if needed. As long as the cable runs aren't hundreds of feet long, one HDP-269 will provide more than enough gain for four receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)