Another Jericho lifeline?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

yaz96

Baby, It's Cold Outside
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
Front Range, Colorado
TV.com: Another Jericho lifeline?

Another Jericho lifeline?

By Tim Surette
Published: April 8, 2008 at 01:53:00 PM

Don't put up the headstone yet: New York Times says CBS is in talks to find help funding cult drama.

At the risk of causing a full-on riot, Jericho may not be dead after all.

The New York Times dug into the recently announced deal between DirecTV and NBC that saved Friday Night Lights, and discovered that this new tactic of partnering with cable providers may not be a one-time thing.

According to the paper, a pair of anonymous sources says CBS has had talks with Comcast about "finding new life for Jericho."

Presumably, those talks amount to negotiating a similar deal that kept Friday Night Lights from being canceled. Lights will return for a 13-episode season and will premiere on DirecTV in October, four months before it is re-aired on NBC in February after the Super Bowl.

Jericho, which follows a postapocalyptic Kansas town trying to survive after a nuclear attack on American soil, was canceled after its first season. Fans rallied, and CBS reversed its decision to axe it. However, after disappointing ratings, the show was once again canceled last month just before the shortened second season concluded.

Is the third time a charm? Does the show deserve another chance? Can it be saved by Comcast? Comment below...

hope it can come back.
Its second round wasn't during the best of times. Many folks didn't know it had come back.
If they air the original episodes they could get more viewers for all the episodes.

Not to mention they put the show up against Law and Order SVU instead of returning it to Friday at 8 where it was working.

To be honest if not for a Sat repeat I never would have started watching and would have missed a solid show

I got hooked on Jericho during the second half of its original run on CBS. If it weren't for my DVR I would not have watched it at all. CBS really did a disservice to this fine program, and I hope they put it right another season.

My gut just doesn't think this is very likely. People may have gone "nuts" last spring, but lets face it, the series finale was met with basically silence on the part of fans.

Don't know how true "disappointing ratings" was. I think that they had made up their minds in advance that the few additional shows was going to be it--period!!

Don't know how true "disappointing ratings" was. I think that they had made up their minds in advance that the few additional shows was going to be it--period!!

Yes, and I also think that when the fans were given the additional seven episodes, they pretty much knew this was an attempt at appeasement - to provide closure to the show.

A movie would certainly be a worthwhile way to end the series. A revolution large enough to topple the Cheyenne government would have to be done in a movie format.

Maybe the good people of Jericho could rally at the Dish Network uplink facility! :D

Maybe they could film it in Kansas where it is impossible to see the mountains.

Nuclear explosions light up the mountains making them visible, just like using a flash in a dark room lets you see. *grin*

Actually I believe it is possible to see Pikes Peak from the Kansas border on perfect days, but thats about it. Denver is about the same distance from the border, and a nuclear mushroom cloud could rise higher than the mountain ranges.

I have watched this show since the first episode, I didn't have to DVR it in the first season, but I found myself doing that in the 2nd season due to the time. I mean how many people are at home 10:00 on FRIDAY NIGHT!

I hope it gets a another shot.....and in HD would be better!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts