Another one bites the dust....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I bet that isn't cheap for you to have to keep mailing them in yourself Tom.

Is my kids console anyway, my Elite is doing fine "knock on wood". With his grades this year he won't be using it for a while anyway..

Well since we are a US Territory we have the same USPS shipping charges, so I just used a $9 Flat Rate Box and insured, a littel over $11. The problem that we have is that UPS use International Charges for us, so M$ won't send the box to Puerto Rico. So I just use the fastest and cheapest method, a bunch of old newspapers to "protect" the unit. It doesn't work anyway. Last time they send me a new one, that I later sold to get an Elite.

This will be my 5th console, the third going to repairs the other two I was able to get an exchange at Sears.

Well we got our 360 back, same chassis returned but no more 3 ROD, I dont think they replaced the DVD drive either, it seems just as loud as before. It only took a week, however, so that was cool. Let's see how long this one lasts.

My 360 Elite just died. No red lights though..just nothing. I turn the power on..the green light in the center comes on and that is it. USB ports don't work..controllers won't connect..no video, sound, or anything. Only thing Microsoft could tell me was to send it in.

Has anyone else had this problem?

My 360 Elite just died. No red lights though..just nothing. I turn the power on..the green light in the center comes on and that is it. USB ports don't work..controllers won't connect..no video, sound, or anything. Only thing Microsoft could tell me was to send it in.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Eh, thats strange, everything stopped working?
Did you drop it or something?
Was your console located in a closed ambient? What I mean by that is no air space at all?
I leave about 1ft behind my 360 and about 5 inches sides and off the ground, it doesn't overheat as much.

No..it is sitting out in the open on top of a shelf. I played it Tuesday night..didn't mess with it at all then went to play it on Friday night and it didn't work.

Well my 360 just freezed up on me, kept freezing up on the 360 interface.
I went back to Costco to get a replacement, they didn't have any 360's left, so I ended up getting a cash card, I went ahead and ordered another 360 from costco online, hopefully I will receive my new 360 Saturday.

RROD for me, now. I'm too mad to even look at the "Born on Date" or call in yet.

Might try swapping it out via my (PAID FOR) warranty, esp. if I can swap for an elite.

RROD for me, now. I'm too mad to even look at the "Born on Date" or call in yet.

Might try swapping it out via my (PAID FOR) warranty, esp. if I can swap for an elite.

I went ahead and got an elite with my cash card, still paying 211$ more....
Hopefully this 360 doesn't freeze up on me after couple months of playing it.
Btw sucks to be me, have to re-beat Dead or Alive 4, and few more games again. Not for achievements, but to unlock stuff like DoA characters.

I blame it all on earthquakes that we had in Reno..

Make that TWO dead 360s now for me please...

Red ring of death, 10:45pm CST.

Thought it might be having 'issues' when the screen out-of-the-blue froze and went disorto-grid on me during playback of 'I am Legend' last weekend, but I unplugged and did a reseat of the hard drive and all, fortunately, went OK after that (i.e. we were able to finish watching our $6 HD movie download to the end)...until last night. Logged in and blammo.

My first 360 died after 7 weeks. This one (a replacement refurb from that initial serviced failed unit--which had a faulty optical drive), well, at least it lasted a year.

Maybe it got jealous of the PS3 I got over Xmas.

I hope this is the last 360 I have to send in...or it will be my last XBox ever.
There's no excuse for these failure rates--I'm not a hard-core user and take care of my stuff (and the unit is very well ventilated). I'm equating the 360 to a Jeep, fun to use, but poorly engineered/QCd and statistically-proven to be unreliable crap, no matter what the fanboys say.

In the end, I just can't stand that I'll have to wait at least a month to get back to Mass Effect. Damn, those space colonists are gonna die because of this--do you hear me Microsoft!

(PS--didn't notice this thread when I posted this out in the main vid-game forum--mods please delete that one if you desire).

PS3 down, wont read Disk of any kind, called for warrenty and they said to produce original reciept and it would be under warrenty if not, it will be 140 bucks, I told them this is the spider man 3 blu ray bundle they dont care, so If I cant find the reciept its a big F U to Sony, it might be that anyways as this is the poorest business practice I have seen.

Yep I was told the same thing so that is why I ended up buying the warranty from Gamestop.

PS3 down, wont read Disk of any kind, called for warrenty and they said to produce original reciept and it would be under warrenty if not, it will be 140 bucks, I told them this is the spider man 3 blu ray bundle they dont care, so If I cant find the reciept its a big F U to Sony, it might be that anyways as this is the poorest business practice I have seen.

I've sent you a PM regarding this.

Shouldn't there be a "manufactured on" date stamped on it? I had my dishwasher repaired based on that when I couldn't find the receipt.

Shouldn't there be a "manufactured on" date stamped on it? I had my dishwasher repaired based on that when I couldn't find the receipt.

They didnt want any part of it, the Supervisior even admitted the 40 gig was released nov. of 07..but they wouldnt repair it, so I went out and got a copy of my Credit Card Transaction, and all they asked for was the date I bought it, that was it, so I now have a box on the way to my house.

They didnt want any part of it, the Supervisior even admitted the 40 gig was released nov. of 07..but they wouldnt repair it, so I went out and got a copy of my Credit Card Transaction, and all they asked for was the date I bought it, that was it, so I now have a box on the way to my house.

Well, I shipped the Ps3, plus the credit card reciept to Sony, they recieved it last thursday, last saturday shipped a refurb back to me, it hasnt been picked up yet, but SHOULD be here Thurs. I am thinking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)