Another PS3 price drop rumor, plus a "slim" version coming...?

And, of course, the response (from the 360 Twitter page):

Starting Friday, August 28th Xbox 360 Elite will be $100 dollars off the current price in the United States, now $299.99.
Yes.. but M$ has pulled a d*ck move spectacular, by removing ALL HD cables from the new Elite package. Here's the explanation they gave:

Q. Why drop the HDMI cable from the Elite - doesn't that undermine the idea of the Elite as the superior gaming and entertainment console? Chris Lewis: We wanted to get the Elite pricing to a figure that is acceptable for consumers so they have the option of a premium console gaming experience. Removing the HMDI cable gives the flexibility to consumers who can then decide which type of cable they want for their specific gaming and TV screen set-up.

How does only including COMPOSITE cables offer more flexibility? Removing the HDMI cable is fair enough given how cheap they are, but removing COMPONENT? I have an original Elite and it came with Composite, Component, AND HDMI!
If you have a stereo system that doesn't have an HDMI input you're screwed because you need to buy their proprietary cable to hook up optical audio. Obviously removing things from packages are an easy way to get costs down, but given that you still have to throw down extra money for wireless and blu ray, this does little to push the idea that the 360 is a better bargain out of the box than the PS3. Now I don't feel as bad over being an early adopter with my nice 3 year warranty. :)

Source: Microsoft's Chris Lewis // Interview

360 'composite' cables have always included component as far as I've known. Think my Premium launch console came with that, then i bought the VGA adapter and that's what ive been using ever since.

Edit: but looks like it's comign with less than that, now, that's lame. Now it's shipping with what Sony's been giving their PS3 buyers this whole time.

360 'composite' cables have always included component as far as I've known. Think my Premium launch console came with that, then i bought the VGA adapter and that's what ive been using ever since.

Edit: but looks like it's comign with less than that, now, that's lame. Now it's shipping with what Sony's been giving their PS3 buyers this whole time.
Actually they're getting LESS because at least the PS3 had optical output built into the console. If you want that you need to buy another proprietary accessory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)