Another re-booting issue

tekjunkie02

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 9, 2012
n.fla
I got my replacement unit a few days ago, used it a little to make sure it's okay, and all has been well. Tonight, I did an update via the satellite and that was good.
So, I started scanning some sats and viewing the results... I had noticed the remote to be a little unresponsive, I thought it was just the angle I was pointing it.
Then I started flipping through the channels that I had just scanned, a bunch of $ channels on 67w, I was just pressing the up or down arrows, but every so often it would go black, stop responding, and then reboot. After that it worked for a little while again, but this problem did repeat a few times.

So I see a thread on the forum about the remote, I tried switching out the batteries, it didn't work, it still has a rebooting issue...:(

I was on 83w just scanned in some channels and was viewing one of them. Then, I brought up the sat list by hitting the sat button on remote, selected another sat, 67w, screen goes black and in a few seconds it reboots and brings me back to the screen i was on before, so I tried another sat, 72w, same thing, another,61w, same thing... so, now I’m going to try saving the files, abs and udf, and do a factory set, or should I try something else?

Thanks again

I got my replacement unit a few days ago, used it a little to make sure it's okay, and all has been well. Tonight, I did an update via the satellite and that was good.
So, I started scanning some sats and viewing the results... I had noticed the remote to be a little unresponsive, I thought it was just the angle I was pointing it.
Then I started flipping through the channels that I had just scanned, a bunch of $ channels on 67w, I was just pressing the up or down arrows, but every so often it would go black, stop responding, and then reboot. After that it worked for a little while again, but this problem did repeat a few times.

So I see a thread on the forum about the remote, I tried switching out the batteries, it didn't work, it still has a rebooting issue...:(

I was on 83w just scanned in some channels and was viewing one of them. Then, I brought up the sat list by hitting the sat button on remote, selected another sat, 67w, screen goes black and in a few seconds it reboots and brings me back to the screen i was on before, so I tried another sat, 72w, same thing, another,61w, same thing... so, now I’m going to try saving the files, abs and udf, and do a factory set, or should I try something else?

Thanks again

Go ahead and try the factory reset if you haven't done that since doing a firmware upgrade. (you always should)

There must be something wrong in your satellite system. Perhaps you have a coax cable shorting out, as the MicroHD is sensitive to checking LNB voltage. Disconnect the lnb coax, and just do all sorts of things with the receiver, going in and out of menu's and such, maybe play some dvr files and see what happens. I'm betting on your cabling or something like causing the issue.

I did do a factory reset before, and after, the firmware upgrade.
My other receivers haven't being having any issues, and the coax's were only put down a couple months ago, so I didn't think about them, I'll check it out.

Should I try loading a different udf and see what it does? or will the factory set load a new udf anyway?

Thanks,

Don't save any files and do not load any new .udf. Perform a Master Reset then Power Cycle the unit. Activate the desired satellites, configure each satellite and rescan.

Let us know the results.

After updating the firmware did you perform a Factory Reset then power cycle the receiver?

Don't save any files and do not load any new .udf. Perform a Master Reset then Power Cycle the unit. Activate the desired satellites, configure each satellite and rescan.
I activated 1 sat at a time, scanned it, viewed some results, de-activated it, and went on to the next.
Let us know the results. -- I will.

After updating the firmware did you perform a Factory Reset then power cycle the receiver?
I believe I did a factory set, then power cycled, then did the firmware upgrade, then a power cycle, and then another factory set.
------

"MY BAD" ... I tried to see if I could edit the post and subject, but couldn't see how.

Sorry, it seems the only issue here is user error:eek:

I tested my coax with the Sathero... it seemed fine.
So, I left the coax disconnected, used the Micro and it did the same as before.
So, then I went into the Sat List and selected all the sats I had previously scanned.
Now, no problem!

So, the answer is, all the satellites that you have channels for, have to be "activated" in the satellite list before you try to select one of those channels or sats from your list.

The manual says;
"displaying a heart icon to indicate that
the satellite has been activated to make
available for Motor/Switch Set-up
and Channel Searches."

I thought once I was done doing that, I should just go de-activate the channel(s).

Also, the transponder listed for the satellite upgrade is no longer valid, or wasn't when I tried.

still learnin':)