Another really stupid moment...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mastermesh

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
just got my new motor up and running. From about 6:30 - 8:30ish this morning, I was trying and trying my darndest to get it all up and running with no luck at all. It was pretty cloudy, so I finally gave up about that time saying, Oh I'll mess with this all later when the sun is out... then by some oddball chance, I looked at my settings... DOH, my true south is IA6, not IA5!!!... Turned to the IRS channel and all of a sudden the signal showed up.

Since that time, I got it tweaked, tuned in to g10, and tweaked to get the weaker signals cranked up to around 30%... and off we go. IF YOUR TRUE SOUTH IS ONE OF THE IAs, BE SURE THAT YOU ARE TRYING TO PULL IN THE SIGNAL FROM THE CORRECT ONE! :)

I've had those moments.
Another one I had recently was I was trying to aim a fixed dish and I knew I was in the right area but couldn't get anything.

Then I looked closely at my settings and I had it set for 10600 22k on (for a Universal) and I had swapped to a standard LNB

D'OH!

I am glad when people take the time to post these types of issues. These are actually a mini troubleshooting guide. Thanks to all that share there simple mistakes.

In everything I do usually it is the simple problem, setting, human error that makes the difference between working and not.

BTW switch setting have gotten me already. When I took away my dishes pointing at dish/bev I had g10 on port 3 and changed it to port 1 and had no signal. Doh!.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)