Another really stupid moment...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mastermesh

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
just got my new motor up and running. From about 6:30 - 8:30ish this morning, I was trying and trying my darndest to get it all up and running with no luck at all. It was pretty cloudy, so I finally gave up about that time saying, Oh I'll mess with this all later when the sun is out... then by some oddball chance, I looked at my settings... DOH, my true south is IA6, not IA5!!!... Turned to the IRS channel and all of a sudden the signal showed up.

Since that time, I got it tweaked, tuned in to g10, and tweaked to get the weaker signals cranked up to around 30%... and off we go. IF YOUR TRUE SOUTH IS ONE OF THE IAs, BE SURE THAT YOU ARE TRYING TO PULL IN THE SIGNAL FROM THE CORRECT ONE! :)

I've had those moments.
Another one I had recently was I was trying to aim a fixed dish and I knew I was in the right area but couldn't get anything.

Then I looked closely at my settings and I had it set for 10600 22k on (for a Universal) and I had swapped to a standard LNB

D'OH!

I am glad when people take the time to post these types of issues. These are actually a mini troubleshooting guide. Thanks to all that share there simple mistakes.

In everything I do usually it is the simple problem, setting, human error that makes the difference between working and not.

BTW switch setting have gotten me already. When I took away my dishes pointing at dish/bev I had g10 on port 3 and changed it to port 1 and had no signal. Doh!.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)