Answers to your Hopper Questions

When the Hopper and Joey is released you will be able to order the remotes from the DISH website for $20 each (including ground shipping)

I have not seen this before, if it has already been answered, sorry. What is the largest external hard drive Hopper will support?

How is the upgrade announcment going to be made to existing customers? Mailing, Emails, something under the offers section of our accounts?

I have seen reports of a 2TB working, but it varies on the drives, some will work others won't.

I'm not sitting here looking at the specs of ext3 and ext4 file systems but as long as it is visible to the hopper (and later joey) as a single drive, why wouldn't something like a Drobo or Buffalo Drivestation (RAID Arrays with USB interfaces) work? I'm probably in the area between what's supported and what works on this one though.

I'm not sitting here looking at the specs of ext3 and ext4 file systems but as long as it is visible to the hopper (and later joey) as a single drive, why wouldn't something like a Drobo or Buffalo Drivestation (RAID Arrays with USB interfaces) work? I'm probably in the area between what's supported and what works on this one though.
I think so, there are probably implementations of RAID that would work, it's just not officially supported.

11) Question about PTAT. If I currently have a timer for Fringe on Fox, will I still need a timer on the Hopper to have Fringe automatically move to my part of the hard drive, or is the only way to save that recording to manually move it myself?
If you have a timer on Fringe it will save to the DVR. Will still use only PTAT tuner.
Glad they got this one sorted out before shipping. This is a must have feature and I believe makes PTAT awesome. (Unless you don't care about your local stations.)

If we wait till the ota option is made available this summer, will we still be eligible for the promo upgrade? If we go the 2 Hopper route, will we be able to get an ota tuner for each Hopper?

If you want it gone in 8 days, don't set a separate timer, PTAT will pick it up, put it in the show's individual folder, and delete it in 8 days.

I would assume that if a program runs over that you could save it also. Their have been many times that I missed the last minutes of a program.

Nothing really slipped at all. Everything related to OTA and the seamless hopper integration is pretty much what Scott mentioned way back at CES.

I wouldn't really expect OTA till late in the year considering it's not a priority for them. The summer info seems like a rough estimate. Be pleasantly surprised if it shows up any earlier.

I won't go to a Hopper until OTA is ready, and (despite 10+ years with Dish) I am a flight risk (UVerse or TWC) until that time due to my unhappiness with the 622's functionality...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts