Answers to your Hopper Questions

n0qcu said:
Prime time ONLY records HD

Right. So if you're a market like mine (Topeka) and one of your channels isn't in HD (FOX), it doesn't include it in the PTAT recordings. This stinks.

rnall1 said:
Tell me about it, coming from Manhattan myself... i've been waiting for Fox to get HD for a few years now...

Just found out that it's uplinked to the satellites and is being tested now!

What happened to Bluetooth....

Just digging into my install and noted my primary reason for getting the Hopper isn't active. The Headphones options says 'Coming Soon'. Anyone have details as to what happened to that availability?

So my 2H/2J is up and running. A few note for those that are installing a 2H/2J install.

If you plan to pair 1H to 1J, the installer put a splitter on a single "host" node and the joeys on the client nodes. He wasn't able to configure the 2nd joey to connect to the 2nd hopper until he did this. he also added a terminator on the open client port. When the "joey talking to 2 hoppers" software upgrade goes out, you just need to remove the splitter and plug the other joey into the duo client node. See before and after pics:

Also, the installer told me that a 2H/3J install isn't enabled in the system. Not sure if that's true, but figured I'd post FWIW.

Finally, I highly recommend Vita Link in Atlanta for those installing here. Call Courtney and ask for Jason. DM if you need their numbers (I have Jason's card and cell).

Attachments

• IMG_0854.JPG
    IMG_0854.JPG
    880 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_0857.JPG
    IMG_0857.JPG
    1,005.1 KB · Views: 190
jgATL said:
So my 2H/2J is up and running. A few note for those that are installing a 2H/2J install.

If you plan to pair 1H to 1J, the installer put a splitter on a single "host" node and the joeys on the client nodes. He wasn't able to configure the 2nd joey to connect to the 2nd hopper until he did this. he also added a terminator on the open client port. When the "joey talking to 2 hoppers" software upgrade goes out, you just need to remove the splitter and plug the other joey into the duo client node. See before and after pics:

Also, the installer told me that a 2H/3J install isn't enabled in the system. Not sure if that's true, but figured I'd post FWIW.

Finally, I highly recommend Vita Link in Atlanta for those installing here. Call Courtney and ask for Jason. DM if you need their numbers (I have Jason's card and cell).

What if I don't want to limit a Joey to a single Hopper? I want my Joeys to see both Hopper's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)