Antec Fusion case for HTPC...

WildeComputers

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
So the home DVD player/home theater-in-one unit is taking the long walk of the short pier. (partly because the kids know how to operate it now)

Seeing I don't currently own a PVR/DVR and will be needing a new DVD player very soon, I thought it was time to take the full plunge into a very nice Home Theater PC setup. (and hold off on building a new gaming PC)

Cases seem to be hard to come buy for the HTPC, but I ran across the Antec Fusion model and (while pricier) seems to be exactly what I am after.

Anyone have experience with this case?
http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=15738

I am using the non HTPC version of this case for my office desktop the NSK2400 which has the same interior, great build quality & well thought out. I just took the plunge on a Silverstone LC-20M to replace my thermaltake Tsunami tower I needed an ATX as opposed to an mATX for home build.
Personally I have had great success with the ANTEC line all the way back to their large SOHO towers.
What kind of components are you looking to put in it?

Haven't gotten around to plan out the motherboard, etc. I was leaning towards Intel's dual core processors, but I bought Antec's Minute (about a year ago) because I had a motherboard lying around with on-board video & sound. I turned that into a NAS server. So I was leaning towards finding a motherboard that fits the case instead of a case to fit the motherboard, as I lucked out on the Minute but couldn't fit any PCI cards into it.

Aside from the PC basics, I will be adding an HD video card and either a DVB-S card or a USB attached one. My goal is two HD tuners to record two shows at once, etc.

Just in the early planning stages, I have plenty of older parts I could make one now, but I am looking for something more stable than what my current PC has become (with all the card swapping, etc.). So I may look to buy everything over the next few months and build it all at once, instead of adding parts here & there.

I too have had great luck with Antec's PC cases. Which is why I am more willing to spend a little more and get this model than something similar from another company.

I tried to build a HTPC with a minute a whilst back & ran into problems finding components for it too.... ended up selling it to a friend for an office PC.

Let us know how it works out for you if you do go that route, I'll post about the LC-20 when it arrives (ordered today) coming from west coast via UPS ground so I know what I'll be doing next weekend ;)