ANTI VIRUS SOFTWARE

AVG Free on all of my Computers and any I set up for others. If I buy a new computer from the store Norton & McAfee are the first programs I uninstall (even if they come with a free Year) and AVG get loaded.

I have been running Trend Micro PC-Cillin on all PC's in my home for years with no infections.

AVG Free on all of my Computers and any I set up for others. If I buy a new computer from the store Norton & McAfee are the first programs I uninstall (even if they come with a free Year) and AVG get loaded.
Same here as well. First thing I did with the latest laptop I bought for my wife.

we use mcafee at work (70K pc's) and i get it for free for home use.
Also get it free from SBC my ISP.
I used to Use CA software as i was an employee and it was ok too.
However i use AVG on my windows 7 machine and it works fine.

I have never called to get support as the OP has and i read he was concerned about lack there of , have any of you using the free software done this, do you pay per call or is that free too ?
Just wondered

Avast plus an occaisonial sweep with Malwarebytes. Avast is also free for home users and so is the basic version of Malwarebytes.

i've been using norton system works premier for years. rock solid and love the extra features besides the AV. i'm also running now 360 premier. very good!

I run no antivirus on my daily driver (W2K). Various Linux boxen are barefoot as well. I feel compelled to run Avast on the Windows XP box because it seems to be a magnet for malware; even when running Firefox exclusively.

I run no antivirus on my daily driver (W2K). Various Linux boxen are barefoot as well. I feel compelled to run Avast on the Windows XP box because it seems to be a magnet for malware; even when running Firefox exclusively.
By magnet, do you mean it finds malware that others do not, or do you mean that maleware shows up more easily using this AV?

If anybody is running Windows 7 RC - Norton has a free beta for Windows 7. Not sure how long it will remain free but I am using it, no problems.