ANTI VIRUS SOFTWARE

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
By magnet, do you mean it finds malware that others do not, or do you mean that maleware shows up more easily using this AV?
I mean that I tried running it without third-party protection and found that even with its much ballyhooed security advantages over older versions of Windows, it seemed to reach out and grab almost everything that came along.

That Trojan.Vundo is a pretty pernicious little beastie and it seems to monkey-stomp XP handily. The smack-down is exacerbated nicely by the handy little System Restore utility ensuring that any attempts to fix the problem will be reversed on the next reboot.

Third the motion here for NOD32 Running NOD32 Here and 50+ clients at work. Love the small footprint ( memory) and easy to control. Work's great on Windows 7 RC so far. Catch's just about everything but a few Trojans. It really has Increased the stoppage of mal ware and garbage in my Windows network but it does have the drawback of not catching all the Trojans. By this I mean that it actually see's them but may not be able to clean all of them not sure that there is an all in one solution for windows yet though.

Plazz

Last edited:
I've been using AVG on everything for years now. The first thing I do with a new computer is get Norton or McAfee off it. Nine times out of ten when I've had problems getting a computer to network the problem has cleared up once I got McAfee or Norton off it. They keep computers from getting viruses by making sure they don't talk to any other computers. Even the ones you want them to talk to.

I have been using AVGfree for some time now. Never found any viruses. PC recently started acting funny so I recently tried Kapersky. It found several, while AVGfree found nothing wrong.

Running norton is worse than using nothing AND setting your pc as the DMZ...
Take that crap off your computer and watch the speed increase.

I usually run Trend Micro's Internet Security. Used to be PCCillin, and used to be better. It to now makes machines slow to boot. Lately I've been running naked and just using this MalwareBytes program to clean it weekly.
2 weeks ago I had a trojan that Trend, nor the online "scanners" could clean. The MalwareBytes took right care of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)