Any better HD DVR coming?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I should have stated that I have an eSATA drive hooked to my HR20 and it speeds it up some.

I think you can get a 1 TB drive now for about $200 maybe less. I have had mine for over a year now.

Do you have to send out your receiver? Or do they have an External system they can send out now?

If we are still talking about adding a 1 Tb drive to a D* receiver (HR20/21), you can use virtually any external e-sata enclosure and drive. Build a multi-Tb raid array :) . This external drive will functionally replace the internal drive. No sharing between them and no getting to whatever is on the internal unless you unplug the external and reboot.

Hopefully sometime this will change and adding a drive will be additive, but for now its one or the other.

I have native turned off and changing HD channels isn't that slow although slower than my H20. The SD channels turn pretty fast for me.

I've had my HR20-700 for a year and half and I've only had 3 missed recordings (I was actually watching the show at the time so no harm) and never have had any recordings get deleted. I have had to reboot a few times but no more than any of the other receivers I've had from D* and I've had a bunch over my nearly 13 years as a D* customer.

Do you have to send out your receiver? Or do they have an External system they can send out now?

This is something you have to buy and build yourself. There is a thread in the Directv DVR section that explains everything.

I dream of the day that these DVRs have a flash memory slot where you can just copy a program over to the flash and bring it over and play it on someone else's DVR, but I'll focus on some of my more realistic dreams like getting married and starting a family.

On the idea of sharing recorded material, and I have a feeling the answer to this will be "no," but if you have 2 identical DVRs, and you have an external HD hooked up to one of them with recorded material, could you hook it up to the other DVR and be able to view what is on it?

I dream of the day that these DVRs have a flash memory slot where you can just copy a program over to the flash and bring it over and play it on someone else's DVR, but I'll focus on some of my more realistic dreams like getting married and starting a family.

On the idea of sharing recorded material, and I have a feeling the answer to this will be "no," but if you have 2 identical DVRs, and you have an external HD hooked up to one of them with recorded material, could you hook it up to the other DVR and be able to view what is on it?

Nope. The external hd is somehow married to the dvr when you boot it up. Not being a techno wizard, I have no idea why.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)