Any chance NPS could get HDNet?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryK

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 25, 2005
Don't know if any of you are NPS "insiders" but if Dish has just dumped them, wouldn't they be happy to have our subscription $$ ?

When did Dish dump HDNet? I watched Enterprise last night, and after reading your post, I checked and it's still on. But, I would love for it to be available on 4dtv.

Al

Sadly HDnet does not have there master feeds in a DCII stream that a 4dtv can get, I do not see NPS reuplinking any HD on there own, unless HITS adds HDnet to there line up I do not see us getting it.

HDNet is still on DIsh and is not going anywhere, the only thing that changed on HDNet as of late is the PQ took a hit when they put up the NFL HD channel in free preview mode. Luckily its going away next week and hopefully the PQ goes back up.

Yeah, I think you're talking about InHD. Unless things have changed, from when I did some research on them a couple years ago, they were digital cable only. I didn't even know E* carried them. But I'm almost positive they're on fiberoptic, so, we can't get that :(. Maybe if HITS carries them, yes.

Both HDNet and INHD are distributed via Cband satellite. HDNet is mpeg2/dvb and INHD is DigicipherII.

dashaund said:
Yeah, I think you're talking about InHD. Unless things have changed, from when I did some research on them a couple years ago, they were digital cable only. I didn't even know E* carried them. But I'm almost positive they're on fiberoptic, so, we can't get that :(. Maybe if HITS carries them, yes.
INHD was only UPLINKED.. the headline was a wee bit misleading.. Think of it like the YES saga thats been going on for years.

Speaking of megapipe. The new NFLHD feed must be megapipe, all I get is a "searching for signal", just like I get with Wealth TV. The NFLSD feed though, was showing Access TV on it the other day. Haven't looked lately? This is with a 920.

Al

voomvoom said:
Speaking of megapipe. The new NFLHD feed must be megapipe, all I get is a "searching for signal", just like I get with Wealth TV. The NFLSD feed though, was showing Access TV on it the other day. Haven't looked lately? This is with a 920.

Al

NFLHD in not megapipe, though like Wealth TV and some Showtime channels only the DSR 905 and 922 will be able to lock it, of course like we have seen before some 920's will lock it even though they are not designed for it? :)

Any 4dtv will get the SD channel, Access TV is in the same mux along with the NFL network and others, Motorola may have mismapped it, all should be up and running soon.

Last edited:
photoman76 said:

thanks....no one had been able to identify the encryption type for sure in the past. Now that actually explains a few other questions. But, regardless, it shows that one could order the STB and receive direct if it was allowed.

It's interesting because Motorola is trying the customization on the DSR-4400MD for megapipe as well - and charges you to send it back in and be changed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)