Any more Sirius Promo Codes?

Welcome to SatelliteGuys.us and the satellite radio forum. :yes

The promo codes for Sirius have been hard to come by in the last couple months. You might try to Google it and see what is out there. One way to find out if there are any codes working is to check eBay and see if the parasites are selling the information. If your eBay search results are positive, don't pay, just search harder on the net.

Good luck...

I've been doing that for a while and havent found a working one. Darn!

Maybe they'll do one for the rego when it comes out ;)

Found one! 106

Free starmate or sporster!

Can anybody tell if I have to have any service for a period of time / must sign up for XXmonths or anything?

/nevermind..you have to sign up for a quarter

That's it??? A free starmate that normally sells for 129.00, and all you have to do is sign up for 3 months @ 12.95/mo?? I'm not seeing the downside here.

I just signed up for XM, but was looking over the programming differences between sirius and XM and I want to give sirius a try also to see which one I like better. For a whopping 40 bucks (if what you're saying is accurate and it's only a 3 month contract), how can you go wrong?

I still might do it but I am wondering how I can add it to the account I already have. I bought mine at best but so I do not have an account w/ "sirius direct" I've heard alot of people being able to add it for 6 bucks a month to their existing account. Can I do this even tho I do not already have an sirius direct account?!?!?!?!

I don't know the answer to your question, but I just ordered my starmate!! 40 and change for 3 months including tax. Shipping was free. So was the starmate!! :D

DAMN!!! And to think I actually considered waiting until tomorrow!!!

Well that sucks! If you're really interested, maybe you could call them and see if they can do anything for you? Tell them something like you were in the process of ordering and got interrupted at work and when you came back it was gone.

fldrummer said:
461 has a few deals on their. starmate w/ car and home kit for 129 kenwood complete for 50

Actually, 461 has the Starmate Car and Home kit for $99. The sportster is $129 for the Car and Home kit.

Does anyone know if the $30 rebate would apply if I used Promo Code 461? If so, a car and home kit for $69 isnt a bad deal at all. Thats $100 off (just as good as a free car only kit). I was seconds away from buying Siruis at Circuit City for a lot more than this. TIA.

-Bill

Well doesn't this beat all!! I'll do my best to refrain from using obscenities... I just got an email from Sirius claiming that they decided to cancel my order because the promo code I used was invalid. Nice. Actually, it's BS if you ask me. I tried entering a few other miscellaneous codes just out of curiousity, and a few told me immediately that they were invalid. The code I used was 106, which I saw here, and also on a couple of other sites. It was a valid code. I got an order confirmation, customer number, order number, etc..etc.. Why are they refusing to honor the promo they had? And why did it take them almost an entire week to tell me this? Oh, and I even called last week to verify the order and they phone rep told me all was fine and it would ship first thing Monday. What a crock!!!

I guess I won't even bother trying out sirius and I'll just stay with XM. Seems their customer service is much better for just about everything.

lostcause said:
Well doesn't this beat all!! I'll do my best to refrain from using obscenities... I just got an email from Sirius claiming that they decided to cancel my order because the promo code I used was invalid. Nice. Actually, it's BS if you ask me. I tried entering a few other miscellaneous codes just out of curiousity, and a few told me immediately that they were invalid. The code I used was 106, which I saw here, and also on a couple of other sites. It was a valid code. I got an order confirmation, customer number, order number, etc..etc.. Why are they refusing to honor the promo they had? And why did it take them almost an entire week to tell me this? Oh, and I even called last week to verify the order and they phone rep told me all was fine and it would ship first thing Monday. What a crock!!!

Same thing happened to me... The promo code worked, the order confirmation was emailed to me, then I got same email today that you got. I am so pissed off right now... Seems like something should be done about this. Anyone else out there have this happen to them?

cool..well, not cool, but I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. Crock of BS if you ask me. I called them and found out what happened. They claim that code was only supposed to be for circuit city employees. Funny that their website said nothing of the sort and it wasn't mentioned AT ALL during the ordering process. Order went through just fine, got my confirmation email, account number, order number, etc.. even confirmed it by phone a couple days later. I'm still debating on whether I should call back and speak to a supervisor. As I see it, the transaction was completed and confirmed.

lostcause said:
They claim that code was only supposed to be for circuit city employees. Funny that their website said nothing of the sort and it wasn't mentioned AT ALL during the ordering process.

Sirius assumed that you did not know the code if you were not qualified to use it. It makes sense that they would not give warnings if you were not suppose to know the code in the first place. This code was used for promotional radios other than for Circuit City car audio employees.

I blame them for making it too easy to figure out the codes, but not for not honoring unqualified buyers. Lessons learned is the positive out of this. I don't blame anyone for trying.

XM got upset and did the same thing when the JC Penney promotional code got out. That one was good for a year of service and no charge for activation. But at least the XM code was more than 3 digits, lol.

Sirius_Rich said:
I blame them for making it too easy to figure out the codes, but not for not honoring unqualified buyers. Lessons learned is the positive out of this. I don't blame anyone for trying.

The problem is them not telling anyone that they were an unqualified buyer. They confirmed the transaction, emailed me my account and order #s, confirmed on the phone.

If they screwed up, well..it's their fault. I saw the promo code on the web, thought it was a great deal, placed the order, and was very happy looking forward to checking out sirius. They confirmed, said it's on the way, then turn around and cancel it.

I really think that's wrong. It's like buying something at a store on sale, then a week later the store calls you and says "hey, bring it back..it wasn't supposed to be on sale for you...that sale price was for someone else." If the transaction hadn't been confirmed, then I would feel differently. As it is though, I think if they completed the transaction, it's on them to honor it. It's not like this was a nonexistent offer. Just more people took advantage of it than they had intended. Not our problem.

Well, I gave it one last shot. I called again and got the same answer. I have gotten over being upset about it though. It's just not worth it for something like this. I didn't complain to them, just asked if they would reconsider and honor the transaction they had confirmed with me. It was supposedly a leaked code which was intended for only a few people is what they told me again. Apparently they are having a problem with it. Seems a lot of people ordered using this code and they have a lot of pissed off potential customers. Either way, they didn't care and said they would not honor it despite the fact that they had already confirmed my order twice, once through an email and once by phone. Oh well... XM is working out very well so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)