Any New DISH Network News

.... Sorry Charlie , Looks like you will never Learn. :rant:

Just remember, he's a self made BILLIONAIRE! I suspect he could teach us a thing or two.

My nickle bet is on Charlie- making more money, gaining more subs, and continuing to move in on D*.

Just remember, he's a self made BILLIONAIRE! I suspect he could teach us a thing or two.

My nickle bet is on Charlie- making more money, gaining more subs, and continuing to move in on D*.

Not to take Charlie's side, but you got a point! He must have done something right, otherwise he wouldn't have more money than EVERYBODY COMBINED on this board. In nearly a decade and a half he earned all this money, and must not have been that wrong after all. Apparently you don't get rich with being nice to everybody. ;)

In nearly a decade and a half he earned all this money, and must not have been that wrong after all.

Charlie has been in the satellite industry for 30 years. He was in C-Band dishes/receivers years ago

Echostar has been in business since 1980...from wiki

EchoStar was originally formed in 1980 by its chairman and CEO Charlie Ergen as a distributor of C band TV systems.

Just because he is a bilonaire does not mean he is imune from making mistakes. He still makes some decisions that leaves my head shaking.

Charlie has been in the satellite industry for 30 years. He was in C-Band dishes/receivers years ago

Echostar has been in business since 1980...from wiki

Oh I didn't know it was that long. Thanks for the info. I came to this country in the year 2000, and I don't know much about what Charlie did before that.

Just got an update from one of my contacts on what I said above.

The DVR fee will remain the same $6, but the monthly cost for the 922 will be $21 a month for a "HD duodvr with TV Everywhere"

That's a lot of money just to watch the same channels you already pay for on a PC.

if i'm reading this agreement wrong, then it looks like it is a $10 whole house DVR fee.

Attachments

• fees.jpg
    fees.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 201

Hiking equipment prices in BAD economic times up to $17.00 for each additional duo dvr , when your competitor is only charging $5.00 regardless of duo, solo,or CRAPO , or hd or sd status is asinine. I think that Charlie could learn a little something from his subs here on this board. IF he doesn't he might not be a billionaire for to much longer. Lord knows he spent about 3 quarters in a row losing subs like crazy. At this rate it looks like he might spend a few more quarters losing subs again.

Nope. He has little control over people hiking his costs.

And I don't think Dish has been losing subs for 3 quarters.

Just got word that the following national HD channels are launching this week...

TRUTV hd
FOX SOCCER CHANNEL HD
Retro Hd
BBC America hd
E! Entertainment Television HD
Indie Hd
Sportsman hd
Hallmark HD
Showtime HD (west)

Some are launching on Wednesday and some are coming on Thursday. :)

You heard it here FIRST at SatelliteGuys. :D

Just got word that the following national HD channels are launching this week...

TRUTV hd
FOX SOCCER CHANNEL HD
Retro Hd
BBC America hd
Indie Hd
Sportsman hd
Hallmark HD
Showtime HD (west)

Sounds good Scott, a little bit for everyone tastes!! what is Retro HD by the way?

TRUTV hd
FOX SOCCER CHANNEL HD
Retro Hd
BBC America hd
Indie Hd
Sportsman hd
Hallmark HD
Showtime HD (west)

Any word on Epix? Would love to see that light up.

TRUTV hd
FOX SOCCER CHANNEL HD
Retro Hd
BBC America hd
Indie Hd
Sportsman hd
Hallmark HD
Showtime HD (west)

No offense, and I am not trying to be a smart arse, but I do hope that this rumour is not like the one back in January when a source cited that we would be getting Epix in SD. That never came to fruition. Hopefully these will though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)