Any New DISH Network News

I read this over at DBSTalk this morning...

Thats because Mr. Vernon if things were not constantly cut from SatelliteGuys and pasted at DBSTalk that there would be zero activity in your Dish Network area.

Its a shame that the only Dish News reported there is stuff COPIED from here at SatelliteGuys.US.

The public knows the truth and thats why we are America's Satellite Information Source. :D

Right On, Scott:up

so true scott this is the best site on the web and you do a great job and keep up the good work.you pst the most accurate and up to date information before anyone else. DBS talk cant even come close to this site.

I wonder when these channels will be turned on late afternoon or later in the evening hmmm.why cant they just turn them on at midnight tonight or fist thing in the morning like Direct TV does.instead Charlie like to play the waiting game like he is on ESPNU hd and EPIX.where is EPIX in SD or HD and ESPNU HD by the way?

Yes them meaning the channels.

And yes that why no mention on Tech Chat, they dont want a bunch of angry calls on Thursday from people demanding upgrades to see the channels.

If the customers don't know they are there then they wont complaign. :)

Does this mean I wont be able to get Fox Soccer HD this week? Not sure what model Dish I got, but I have two on the roof. My system info shows I'm picking up 119, 110, 61.5 and 118.

Does this mean I wont be able to get Fox Soccer HD this week? Not sure what model Dish I got, but I have two on the roof. My system info shows I'm picking up 119, 110, 61.5 and 118.

Congratulations! You're a lose...err...WINNER. You get to not receive any new HD channels.

Thanks for playing. :mad:

Congratulations! You're a lose...err...WINNER. You get to not receive any new HD channels.

That's BS! This company has become a complete joke. So what happens now? If I want these HD channels I need to shell out $$$ to upgrade my Dish?

The thing that pisses me off is back in the summer I had some work done. And the tech that came out told me that I should upgrade to EA. I tried to, but customer service refused to upgrade me at no extra cost.

Well, BBC America is supposed to be on 61.5. But, still (and maybe because this is one of the first Dish screw-ups that effects me), this ranks up there on the "boneheaded dish moves" chart. I hope they are moved to 61.5 and E6 before the Charlie Chat when they will probably be announced.

Well, BBC America is supposed to be on 61.5. But, still (and maybe because this is one of the first Dish screw-ups that effects me), this ranks up there on the "boneheaded dish moves" chart. I hope they are moved to 61.5 and E6 before the Charlie Chat when they will probably be announced.

As we are well aware, no one who really knows is posting (or at least is saying), but the latest info I saw was that there would be no new HD uploaded to 61.5 tomorrow (and that includes, or excludes if you will, BBCA-HD).

The only reasonable explanation I can think of is that things were all set to go to 61.5 but there was a late breakdown. I mean, if Dish knew in advance that 61.5 couldn't take it shouldn't they have moved that other satellite over first and then launched the channels?

Of course there has got to be a lot of information we aren't privy to but I wouldn't put it past Dish to hang 61.5 users out to dry.

The satellite is having issues and lost a transponder a few weeks ago, it cant handle the load.

The plan was to have them on 61.5 but they cant at the moment yet they still need to launch these channels, so they are going with them on 72.7 as a backup.

They didn't plan things out and wonder how they can get people to upgrade their dishes. That is not what happened here.

I just got an update saying that BBC America HD will not be on 61.5, it will be on 72.7 and 129 only. This document just arrived a few moments ago. :(

My receiver says I'm receiving 72, is this different from 72.7? Sorry if this sounds pretty basic, I a fairly new customer and don't know much about the satellites. Is there a good post somewhere that explains the different numbers and how they work?

Thanks

My receiver says I'm receiving 72, is this different from 72.7? Sorry if this sounds pretty basic, I a fairly new customer and don't know much about the satellites. Is there a good post somewhere that explains the different numbers and how they work?

Thanks

People tend to truncate the decimal portion of positions. 72.7 gets truncated to 72 by lots of people. The numbers represent the degree position over the equator. E*'s primary sats are in two arcs. The western arc is 110, 119, and 129W. The eastern arc has sats at 61.5, 72.7. and 77W.

So how do you know what Sat you get the signals from? I have no idea where mine come from - and I live directly in the middle of the country (MO) so it could be either one. I have been waiting from BBC America in HD for a LONG time and will be pissed if I can't get it!

I just got an update saying that BBC America HD will not be on 61.5, it will be on 72.7 and 129 only. This document just arrived a few moments ago. :(

Well, I know where I'll be tomorrow afternoon, on a chat trying to talk my way into a 1000.4 dish or at least a credit or a free premium or something.:rant::rant::rant:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)