Any Value?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I plan to run my dozer over it & sell the pieces on e-bay

For the cost of running the dozer you can ship it to me! ;)

I would hang on to it because you never know what will go FP
like tvropro was saying. My HDD200 is not hooked up but I am
keeping it in my electronic warehouse. I still have a VCR or 2 in
the house and actually had one out a few months ago! The Atari
7800 sees more use than my VCR and my daughter loves it! :D

It's a G.I. high def decoder. I already brought it out of the closet & was going to see if it will withstand the weight of one of my service trucks driving over it before running the dozer over it. I have to load the dozer anyway sometime today so the cost would actually be $0.00. I'll take a close-up video while the truck slowly drives over it & then the dozer.

Plus it doesn't even have an HDMI port & you need to manually switch between 480,720 & 1080.

It's a G.I. high def decoder. I already brought it out of the closet & was going to see if it will withstand the weight of one of my service trucks driving over it before running the dozer over it. I have to load the dozer anyway sometime today so the cost would actually be $0.00. I'll take a close-up video while the truck slowly drives over it & then the dozer.

Or... if you wanna help a brother out, I'll pay the shipping. I don't have one & would love to play with one. I bought an HDD-1000 for my 4500x, but it didn't work. So I've still never seen HD DCII.

Cheers

since there really isnt any HD on the 4DTV system anymore I'd say no value
No HD on the, what is it, the X4, or something convert? Well W/O any HD there not much sense in converting the 920.

I plan to run my dozer over it & sell the pieces on e-bay
You should tell that to the person on ebay that is trying to sell one for $115.00:eek:

It's a G.I. high def decoder.
Ya, I know what it is. Last time it was used, I think, was on W1, PBS HD. It sure did a good job when it was in use.

RT

Or... if you wanna help a brother out, I'll pay the shipping. I don't have one & would love to play with one. I bought an HDD-1000 for my 4500x, but it didn't work. So I've still never seen HD DCII.

Cheers
I'll ask it what it thinks about that. 10010110010 101000010101 10101010 No, it said it did not want anyone to experiment with it. It likes just sitting on the old parts shelf and collecting dust.:cool:

RT

Plus it doesn't even have an HDMI port & you need to manually switch between 480,720 & 1080.

Not really an issue. I just left mine on 1080I and component video was fine. The problem came when HBO decided the 4DTV crowd wasn't worth the tier bit fee!:D

I didn't run the dozer over it yet. Why? I don't know.
I mean, what good is it?
And isn't the DCII signal the only signal it is compatible with?

I didn't run the dozer over it yet. Why? I don't know.
I mean, what good is it?
And isn't the DCII signal the only signal it is compatible with?

It's good for PBS! And as TVROPro stated HBO when it's FP and maybe a few others. Like, HDtheater and i think there's a sports channel that opens up from time to time. But, nothing you can sub too! Thank the programmers, NPS, SRL, motorola, Directv, dishnetwork, Voom, Turnervision and of course. The end user for that!:D

DC 2 HD is fantastic looking. But people migrate over to pizza like the second coming thinking that their HD lite is the cats meow. Although that is a fallacy as anyone with a FTA HD receiver knows. As pizza goes down in quality prices increase. So Mr mainstream keep supplying pizza with it's monthly fix of cash and soon a 240 line resolution picture will be the norm at $100 a month. Some are smart and won't bite at that.

I hear Charlie is up to his old tricks again possibly dumping ESPN on Dish Network. This will sit well with the sports fans. Those who know where the backhaul sports feeds are can find most of them ITC in beautiful HD. Very few have this information though and blind scanning will not find them. The broadcasters have gotten smart and use tricks that don't let greenhorns find them. Those with inside information though know better. And this information is not posted in any forums even hidden area's.

There is more HD in the big dish sky than ever before if you know how to play the game :) May not be a DC 2 encrypted channel but plenty others. Keeping a HDD 200 though will provide you some beautiful HD here and there.

Last edited:
DC 2 HD is fantastic looking. But people migrate over to pizza like the second coming thinking that their HD lite is the cats meow. Although that is a fallacy as anyone with a FTA HD receiver knows. As pizza goes down in quality prices increase. So Mr mainstream keep supplying pizza with it's monthly fix of cash and soon a 240 line resolution picture will be the norm at $100 a month. Some are smart and won't bite at that.

I hear Charlie is up to his old tricks again possibly dumping ESPN on Dish Network. This will sit well with the sports fans. Those who know where the backhaul sports feeds are can find most of them ITC in beautiful HD. Very few have this information though and blind scanning will not find them. The broadcasters have gotten smart and use tricks that don't let greenhorns find them. Those with inside information though know better. And this information is not posted in any forums even hidden area's.

There is more HD in the big dish sky than ever before if you know how to play the game :) May not be a DC 2 encrypted channel but plenty others. Keeping a HDD 200 though will provide you some beautiful HD here and there.

The problem is, when I sit down at the end of a long day, the last thing I want to do is get on the internet or scan a bunch of satellites for an occasional free channel. TV is TV, just like it is for most people. and it revolves around me, not me around it. HD is nice to have but far from my #1 priority. I would rather watch the local channels in 240i than watch HBO in high def. Oh, that's right, H2H doesn't have HBO, or nothing high def.

And since the broadcasters hide channels from greenhorns like me, then HD Direct TV sounds like the way to go. It's simple & easy to use for dumb people like me. Direct TV HD may not have as clear a picture as your HD but it is slightly sharper than H2H, at least from what I've seen.

And since it requires inside information that is not allowed for dumb people like me to get, I guess you've sold me to run my dozer over this HD reciever, cancel my H2H subscription & go with Direct.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)