Any word on HD locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blasto65

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 8, 2009
Rocky mount, VA
I live in the Roanoke, VA area and would like to know if anybody has heard anything about HD locals. From what is being said over at the E* forums Roanoke locals may flip this month any hope it will happen for D*.

About 100 miles if they flip them on I would hope we might be in the switch. I would not mind if I could get then over the air but my location is in a valley and all the sites say would need the biggest antenna to get a station just 19 miles away.

Harrisonburg is a completely different market (so we cannot get them). Roanoke/Lynchburg is one of the largest markets remaining without HD locals.
E* has them lit up in test mode on sat, I think.
It's too bad as Roanoke is a mountainous area, and many folks here are behind mountains such that they cannot get them over the air.

I know it drives me crazy I want HD locals and right now the only way would be OTA but good luck on that all the antenna sites tell me one station is easy but the rest I will need the biggest antenna you can buy and that might not even work. I wish D* would just do it I know there are other markets but alot of them can get them OTA but we can not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts