Any word on HD locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blasto65

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 8, 2009
Rocky mount, VA
I live in the Roanoke, VA area and would like to know if anybody has heard anything about HD locals. From what is being said over at the E* forums Roanoke locals may flip this month any hope it will happen for D*.

About 100 miles if they flip them on I would hope we might be in the switch. I would not mind if I could get then over the air but my location is in a valley and all the sites say would need the biggest antenna to get a station just 19 miles away.

Harrisonburg is a completely different market (so we cannot get them). Roanoke/Lynchburg is one of the largest markets remaining without HD locals.
E* has them lit up in test mode on sat, I think.
It's too bad as Roanoke is a mountainous area, and many folks here are behind mountains such that they cannot get them over the air.

I know it drives me crazy I want HD locals and right now the only way would be OTA but good luck on that all the antenna sites tell me one station is easy but the rest I will need the biggest antenna you can buy and that might not even work. I wish D* would just do it I know there are other markets but alot of them can get them OTA but we can not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)