Anybody Got the Wireless Client C41W And How Is Your Experience?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

acostapimps

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
Illinois
Just wondering how is your experience on the wireless client,

Does it cut out or pixilate for being too far from the WVB (wireless video bridge)?

Does it have noticeable lag like previous clients C31/41 does?

Does it lose it's pairing from Genie DVR itself often or less frequently or none?

Do I worry too much and should just enjoy it? :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just wondering how is your experience on the wireless client,

Does it cut out or pixilate for being too far from the WVB (wireless video bridge)?
So far I haven't had it cut out with the WVB being on the 2nd floor at one end of the house and the C41W being at the other end. Of course the C41W showed a red network LED which means horrible connection, the DIRECTV tech is only supposed to install if they can get a green network LED.

Does it have noticeable lag like previous clients C31/41 does?
You might want to look at the video at http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/211228-take-the-stb-challenge-which-client-is-it/, the C41W is the third STB in the clip. I have all three mini client models and really doesn't seem noticable to me being wired or wireless.

Does it lose it's pairing from Genie DVR itself often or less frequently or none?
Haven't seen that problem

Do I worry too much and should just enjoy it? :)
It's always best to go with a wired connection, if possible, but if not then yesy just enjoy it. I have three C41W's running in my setup and IMHO they're a good solution when you don't want a coax run.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Status
Please reply by conversation.