Anymore HD coming soon

These DVR's do suck
Moxi is doing 40 bucks a month for 20 months for one of theirs

Wait, so they have a direct financing offer like this and then you own it free and clear? I know you can buy it on Amazon and other places free and clear but this would be a good deal if you don't have the upfront cash. Cool.

I love to have more HD Channels.. any others going to HD?
clear.gif

Are there still SD channels out there? I don't know, cause I don't watch them anymore. But there are a few channels I miss cause they aren't in HD...

We went from 500 channels and nothing on to 100 HD channels and nothing on. But "nothing" looks so good in HD.

There was a day when we first got digital cable where we could surf all those 500 channels and see what is on. Now I only surf the HD channels with few exceptions.

Surely they must realize once you go HD, you don't go back to SD.

We went from 500 channels and nothing on to 100 HD channels and nothing on. But "nothing" looks so good in HD.

There was a day when we first got digital cable where we could surf all those 500 channels and see what is on. Now I only surf the HD channels with few exceptions.

Surely they must realize once you go HD, you don't go back to SD.

LOL. You are so right.

Hat tip to someone on dslreports for this one - those 6 .tv channels are supposed to start rolling out this week - at least VH08 (Philly) will get them this week. Not sure what the roll-out plan is beyond that (it's possible that all markets get them on the same day, or just a couple days apart).

I know that they're not everyone's cup of tea, but remember that one man's trash is another man's treasure.

I know that they're not everyone's cup of tea, but remember that one man's trash is another man's treasure.

My cup of tea would be AMC HD now, Investigation Discovery going HD and us getting it, Crime and Investigation HD (coming soon....) and all the remaining premiums (Showtimes, Starz, Encores) in HD as soon as they go online. Oh, and Starz West which is oddly missing in HD but exists.

No sugar, no cream, just the channels please!

Some people are starting to see the channels show up in their guide, although they're not yet tunable. I understand that they start rolling out tomorrow.

for this we waited months?

They showed up yesterday in the NYC suburbs, but the channels are incredibly cheap looking with poor production values and LOTS of long commercial breaks. They, as in most commercial TV, are the real reason these channels exist. And they've borrowed a trick from syndicated daytime shows, preceding the endless commercial breaks with bumpers that say "Closed Captioning provided by..." Like the only reason for the commercials is to pay for Closed Captioning. Only there ISN'T any Closed Captioning! I left captioning on for hours at a time and never saw any evidence of it on any of these channels. What a waste of bandwidth! :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts