anyone doing any 4th of july projects

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

macgod79

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Nc
Hi I figured I start a new thread as the memorial day weekend thread is getting old, lol. I'm gonna try to get my 10 foot dish project started as its long overdue.

suppose to be hot here (90's and humid) so I think I'll stay inside :)

4th of July I'll climb on the roof and watch the fireworks

Well this is the 2nd hottest June ever in NE Oklahoma. We have been in triple digits for the last week and it's expected to stay there for the next 10-14 days which is when we usually start seeing triple digits, so the only plans I have involve lifting cold beverages from my living room chair or the boat if I am talked into going to the lake house for the fireworks display.:usa2:

I'm rearranging my TV room ( man cave) with some more cables. I ran 3 new RG-6 cables from my computer to the TV, put RCA connectors on the ends and use it as a 40 foot component video cable set. I used to use HDMI cabling, but the timing was so touchy on the digital signals that I had to reset the dual monitor setup every time. Now the computer just assumes there's an HDTV on the other end and it simply works. Now I can sell the Azbox as no longer needed for 4:2:2 or movies and simplify my receiver stack. :) I was a little surprised the RG-6 solution looks as good as it does. No worse than a 6 ft component cable set, and a lot cheaper.

I can also see myself getting outside at the 6 footer, with the CS5000 and trying to optimize my new orthomode feedhorn. I pretty much just stuck it up there, aligned like the lnbf that it replaced. Might get some more out of the baby. :)

I'll be gone for the weekend, but my new Openbox s9 should be here when I get back. Looking forward to trying it out on the new Unimesh 10' I got from Linuxman. Still have some cable to bury from my install, so I will have to tackle that too. Started to do it today but the ground is dry and hard as a rock.

I'll be working this weekend, and camping, as in tent, sleeping bag. I tried that last weekend in Apache Junction, AZ, just East of Phoenix and Mesa where I worked there too. But the temperature should be a LOT cooler and sleeping will be better this week than last.

This weekend I'll be in Prescott Valley, AZ, missing my TV and listening instead to a small portable AM/FM radio for my news and noise while I sleep.

I promised Phottoette that we would go to the fireworks show here locally since I plan on getting home late Sunday night. Plus of course I plan on taking her out to dinner too.

Photto

suppose to be hot here (90's and humid) so I think I'll stay inside :)

4th of July I'll climb on the roof and watch the fireworks

Same weather here so for the most part that willl make two of us, staying inside. Except Sunday I'll be going over to Illinois to pickup another Siberian.Husky.

Nope. Just a #2 hand shovel. 128 ft long, 11 inches deep and 36 inches wide for the drainfield. I refuse to think about the feed lines (72 feet) and tank holes (6'X9'X4' deep) right now. The back hoe would cost $3000. The test holes were $200..... I put myself through college digging ditches ---- 45 to 50 years ago.

well I guess I got something to do this weekend

picked up a SG2100 at a garage sale...hope it works. Well it was only $5 and it doesnt have the back bracket for it...but I already have that :)
So I can replace my bad one

I was taking my mom to a few places (her car died) and on the way back she saw a sign "huge moving sale" and she wanted to stop. I figured what the heck. From the looks of it, it was more of a "the husband moved" sale ;) Whats weird is this was the only satellite item that was there besides a couple old Dish receivers.

But for $5 I cant go wrong :) Hell I've wasted $5 (or more) on a bad meal

I'm running down to pickup the Birdview mesh dish, and some other stuff, from linuxman. I'm very excited about the possibilities that the 8' dish will provide for C-band transmissions!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)