Anyone else have ch 321 (NBC-HD),594,593?

Dvlos said:
I dont think the 24 hour olympic feed will be OTA buddy, that is why Voom is allocating a seperate channel for it, as will most likely other Satellite providers and Cable.

The HD coverage will be OTA buddy....:)

"NBC will broadcast 399 hours of HD Olympic programming. With 124 HDTV affiliates with the potential to cover 86 percent of the country, most US consumers will be able to view the programming through an HD antenna or HD cable signal. Contact your local Tweeter store to speak with a Digital Architect about HD programming in your area." http://home.businesswire.com/portal...d=news_view&newsId=20040805005428&newsLang=en

I just called to see what the CSR's version of the story is and they said all 3 are for the olympics.

I dont understand the HD Olympic feed either. Im sure the networks are making the affiliates broadcast it OTA, I think mine is. Seems redundant to me. And if they are willing to do it for this event then why not all year round? Seems to go against their O&O and grade B contour waiver bullsh$t for distant network feeds.

BTW, im getting all of the channels, they all say I need to call to subscribe..lol

I agree, it looks to be either HGTV, Food Network, DIY or Fine Living.

DBSOgre said:
At first, I was thinking that 593 and 594 may PERHAPS be HGTV and Food Network since that seems like the right spot for them.

New channels?

Any thoughts on what 593 and 594 are? Is anyone else getting those? they're blacked out. :confused:

well that sux.. I thought it was gonna be scifi or sumtin..lol... but I guess the olympics will be alright too I guess. thanks :)

321 for Olympic feed makes sense why the other two? Where's our Voom news from the Voom people?

I called Voom yesterday and talked to CSR they said 594 was for Olympic's. She also said that i was one of the lucky ones that would be receiving the Olympic Games for free. I don't know if it's SD or HD?

Voom Guide Lists New Channels: 321 (NBCDT), 593, 594

Browsing through my program guide this morning, I noticed a couple of new channel slots. Channels 321, 593 and 594 all said "No Info" in the guide, and when I tuned to it it said I could "Upgrade Immediately" by calling Voom. But I already have the VaVaVoom package, so I should be getting whatever it is.

Then later, channel 321 started showing up in the program guide as "NBCDT" and I browsed through the listings and saw regular NBC progamming, including their HD primetime shows. But again, the "Upgrade" message popped up.

Any idea what Voom has in store for these channels?

They also appeared on my PG yesterday. The sound track I heard when I tuned to these stations is MSNBC so it must have something to do with the upcoming Olympic coverage by NBC. But are they HiDef?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)