Anyone else have ch 321 (NBC-HD),594,593?

Y'all can stop speculating. Here's the scoop:

321 is NBC HD (for the Olympics).

the other 5xx channels are NBC SD, NY and LA feeds, like D*'s "distant networks". Why? B/c the SD and HD channels have different Olympics coverage. Since the Voom box has no NTSC tuner and Voom of course has no LIL, this in theory is the only way many Voom customers can get NBC SD.

Ok, I'm speculating too, but I think my theory is sound. I'd love the 5xx channels to be food and (hdtv or scifi), but alas, probably not.

Im from Minnesota and 321 says NBCDT. 523 and 524 say no info, but the CSRs say theyre all for the olympics.

3 new channels in PG!

I saw this last night... theirs 3 new channels in the program guide.

321 NBCDT

Only 1 has come up and the others have no info. Anyone know what the other 2 are going to be?

Any chance of NBC-HD staying after the olympics?

I get NO locals at all so that would be awesome!

C-band NBC feeds

I have C-band and NBC has added several feeds for the Olympics on either W-1 or W-4. (Not there to see it right now). They've been showing regular programming, like CNBC, MSNBC, and apparently will switch them to all the different Olympic feeds Friday.

No HD NBC on C-band, though.

I seen them too in Va. I did reset the receiver and it still shows no information. I think we will see information starting Friday.

Olympic soccer starts today... but I guess they will turn on the feed on Friday for the openinng.

Channels 321, 593, & 594

I talked to Voom last night. All 3 channels are for the Olympics in HD. However, they said it would not be available in all markets. The rep told me they have reached a licensing agreement with NBC to provide the Olympics in HD in certain markets.

She told me that if you are in one of the 'approved' markets, the channels should be active as of this Friday (8/13) and should not show Upgrade any longer.

Jason

jlbrown1 said:
I talked to Voom last night. All 3 channels are for the Olympics in HD. However, they said it would not be available in all markets. The rep told me they have reached a licensing agreement with NBC to provide the Olympics in HD in certain markets.

She told me that if you are in one of the 'approved' markets, the channels should be active as of this Friday (8/13) and should not show Upgrade any longer.

Jason

Any ideas what qualifies as an approved market? I line in Eureka CA. 95501 and we have a local NBC broadcaster, however I have only been able to recieve the analog signal. I can always just wait until friday and see if the channels get turned on, but it would be nice to know if I am in luck.

--Dan

I Am Sure Only NBC Owned & Operated Stations Will Get Ch. 321 NBCDT. Just Like CBSHD
On D*. The Majority Of Us Are S##t Out Of Luck.

NBC HD OLYMPICS ELIGIBLE AREAS
Atlanta, GA
Denver, CO
Kansas City, MO
New York, NY
San Diego, CA
Baltimore, MD
Des Moines-Ames, IA
Knoxville, TN
Oklahoma City, OK
San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose, CA
Birmingham, AL
Detroit, MI
Harrisburg-Lancaster-Lebanon-York, PA
Orlando-Daytona Beach-Melbourne, FL
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
Boston, MA
Evansville, IN
Las Vegas, NV
Philadelphia, PA
South Bend-Elkhart, IN
Buffalo, NY
Flint-Saginaw-Bay City, MI
Los Angeles, CA
Phoenix, AZ
St. Louis, MO
Charlotte, NC
Fresno-Visalia, CA
Louisville, KY
Pittsburgh, PA
Syracuse, NY
Chattanooga,TN
Grand Rapids-Kalamazoo-Battle Creek, MI
Madison, WI
Portland-Auburn, ME
Tri-Cities, TN-VA
Chicago, IL
Green Bay-Appleton, WI
Miami-Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Portland, OR
Tulsa, OK
Cincinnati, OH
Greenville-New Bern-Washington, SC
Milwaukee, WI
Providence-New Bedford, RI
Waco-Temple-Bryan, TX
Cleveland-Akron (Canton), OH
Hartford & New Haven, CT
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Raleigh-Durham, NC
Washington, D.C. (Hagerstown, MD)
Columbia, SC
Houston, TX
Mobile-Pensacola, AL
Richmond-Petersburg, VA
West Palm Beach-Ft. Pierce, FL
Columbus, OH
Indianapolis, IN
Nashville, TN
Sacramento-Stockton-Modesto, CA
Greensboro-High Point-Winston Salem, NC
Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX
Jacksonville, FL
New Orleans, LA
San Antonio, TX
Youngstown, OH

Yeah, this kind of blows. I live in the Monroe/El Dorado market and I do not see myself on the list. The problem is our local NBC does not broadcast in HD so it is really a waste. I hate to be teased like this, lol. Last night I was looking at the program guide and it showed Leno in HD, I would love to check that out also. I would rather VOOM not broadcast the olympics at all if only certain markets can see it (since they can probably get local HD NBC anyway and I can't). Oh well.

Okay I admit I am just bitter :yes

kaw

That is frusterating, I am so close, yet so far away. It really kills me to have the channel technically available, but not to me. I seem to remember seeing something about having some kind of form signed that would allow a satellite service to let me watch NBC, does anybody know where I can read more about that? I will pursue any other ideas anybody might have.

THANKS!
--Dan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)