Anyone else have the clock off by one hour again?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
I came home to notice my clock was one hour slow again on my converted 922 last night. Last time it bounced around depending what channel was watched and later corrected itself after the daylight savings time started. I wonder if the end of month authorization rehits did that?

Mine has been dead on. Talking about the clock we may be adding a feature to Map Master to set the clock itself. I think that would be very useful for many.

My 922's clock kept getting a little slower (behind time) as the weeks rolled on. Then a few weeks ago, we had some good FP action on C3 over the weekend. When the ride was over, I noticed my clock was dead-on again.

So it appears that sitting on C3 up in the 600s will set my time correctly. If it matters, my 922 has never been converted (yet).

Cheers

My 922's clock kept getting a little slower (behind time) as the weeks rolled on. Then a few weeks ago, we had some good FP action on C3 over the weekend. When the ride was over, I noticed my clock was dead-on again.

So it appears that sitting on C3 up in the 600s will set my time correctly. If it matters, my 922 has never been converted (yet).

Cheers

This makes me wonder, if there's no data going out to these boxes from the big "M" anymore, why do the clock signals keep coming?

eurosport84 said:
This makes me wonder, if there's no data going out to these boxes from the big "M" anymore, why do the clock signals keep coming?

I presume clock data is part of the stream and at the time, was considered a good idea. Seems to me that no "one" entity is responsible anymore,or understands the system, so we get weird clock times.

IMHO, the minute changes are due to the boxes themselves, as they expect clock data from sats.

Each Digicipher channel puts out a reference signal that they set at the uplink. Your timezone (hour) is set via plus or minus from GMT (your zone) when your box takes a location set hit that authorizes decoding of subscription channels. If you never visit a DC 2 channel or if the programmer is screwed up it will do wacky things. In the past all 4096 EMM streams were controlled by M. Now with that 486 long tossed in the dumpster all bets are off except for an active match set EMM provider & receiver. Thats how its suppose to work but never does it seems.:eek:

Last edited:
Even though it hasn't been subbed since the Moto shutdown it stays correctly on eastern time and re-sets properly for DST too.

Even though it hasn't been subbed since the Moto shutdown it stays correctly on eastern time and re-sets properly for DST too.

That is because your global location is set minus so many hours from GMT and DST was turned on when you did subscribe. If you took your IRD to my time zone CST it would still show EST unless you changed to 4160 and took a hit to reset your new location.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts