ANyone else having audio drop outs...

GeneWildershair

GeneWildershair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 28, 2004
Bay Area
and pixelation to go along with them right now? I'm getting this problem on pretty much all of the premium movie channels. Please let me know if you are experiencing the same. My signal levels are still great btw, (96 quality, 78 power)

GeneWildershair

GeneWildershair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 28, 2004
Bay Area
It's not happening on any of the Voom exclusive channels, just the premium movie channels, (HBO, Cinemax etc...). It is happening about every 6 seconds. it will black out, or pixelate out, and drop audio as well.

seandudley

seandudley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 30, 2004
Loudon, Tennessee
I just checked the premium movie channels, and they are currently coming in perfectly for me.

P

PBHDinSD

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 9, 2004
San Diego
My audio willnot show up sometimes when I first go to a channel. I just go to another channel and then go back and it seems to work.

GeneWildershair

GeneWildershair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 28, 2004
Bay Area
hmmm... well I was testing DVI, maybe it's just on DVI? I'll go back to components, and see.

N

neo0285

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 22, 2004
not just you, i had the same exact thinh happen here, but it seems its back to normal now

GeneWildershair

GeneWildershair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 28, 2004
Bay Area
looks like a dvi problem, guess I'll stick with components. I thought they fixed that black out issue with the last software update? Anyone else still get short black outs with DVI connected?

vurbano

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
HAvent had any when using DVI. My friend runs DVI exclusively and isnt having any either. Bad box maybe?

GeneWildershair

GeneWildershair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 28, 2004
Bay Area
vurbano said:
HAvent had any when using DVI. My friend runs DVI exclusively and isnt having any either. Bad box maybe?

Well, since neo posted that they had the same problem today, I thought maybe it was trouble at VOOM and hooked hte DVI up again. It's been hooked up about 45 minutes now, and I am not getting any black outs, or audio drops. Maybe it was just a problem with VOOM, and the premiums earlier?

GeneWildershair

GeneWildershair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 28, 2004
Bay Area
I'm watching UHF right now on HBOHD, and this problem is back. Anyone else? it drops picture and audio.

M

Mr. Biggles

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Mar 6, 2004
GeneWildershair said:
I'm watching UHF right now on HBOHD, and this problem is back. Anyone else? it drops picture and audio.

See the same thing here.

GeneWildershair

GeneWildershair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 28, 2004
Bay Area
Mr. Biggles said:
See the same thing here.

I knew it wasn't just my box! Anyways I called VOOM but talking to those CSR's are like talking to brick walls. It's funny how they can't check out problems like these, the way D* can. When I have an issue with D* like this one, they tune in and look to see if they see it. Hopefully one day VOOM support will be able to check things like this.

vurbano

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
Wilt must be working on things. omg I just got some on 261. And it usually has the best quality.

E

eschu97611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 4, 2004
L.A. CA
GeneWildershair said:
I saw it Jay-here we go again

E

eschu97611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 4, 2004
L.A. CA
vurbano said:
Oh how easy it is to "blame the box"-Voom CSRs do this too.

S

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Is it still there? I have been watching exclusively VOOM channels tonight..... I guess it is only on premium channels.

E

eschu97611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 4, 2004
L.A. CA
Sean Mota said:
Is it still there? I have been watching exclusively VOOM channels tonight..... I guess it is only on premium channels.
Yup-only on premies and still there

GeneWildershair

GeneWildershair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 28, 2004
Bay Area
Sean Mota said:

it seems gone now. It's really wierd. Maybe they are working on the premiums today? But you'd think VOOM CSR's would be able tell if they were? :rolleyes:

M

Mr. Biggles

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Mar 6, 2004
GeneWildershair said:
I knew it wasn't just my box!

I don't think any thing is wrong with your STB. This STB or the PG software is totally incaple of intense multi-tasking. You just can't 'work' the box or it just coughs and hiccups.

The picture issue is totally seperate on the other end.

Did you notice that HBO is fine now?