ANyone else having audio drop outs...

GeneWildershair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2004
Bay Area
and pixelation to go along with them right now? I'm getting this problem on pretty much all of the premium movie channels. Please let me know if you are experiencing the same. My signal levels are still great btw, (96 quality, 78 power)

It's not happening on any of the Voom exclusive channels, just the premium movie channels, (HBO, Cinemax etc...). It is happening about every 6 seconds. it will black out, or pixelate out, and drop audio as well.

My audio willnot show up sometimes when I first go to a channel. I just go to another channel and then go back and it seems to work.

not just you, i had the same exact thinh happen here, but it seems its back to normal now

looks like a dvi problem, guess I'll stick with components. I thought they fixed that black out issue with the last software update? Anyone else still get short black outs with DVI connected?

HAvent had any when using DVI. My friend runs DVI exclusively and isnt having any either. Bad box maybe?

vurbano said:
HAvent had any when using DVI. My friend runs DVI exclusively and isnt having any either. Bad box maybe?

Well, since neo posted that they had the same problem today, I thought maybe it was trouble at VOOM and hooked hte DVI up again. It's been hooked up about 45 minutes now, and I am not getting any black outs, or audio drops. Maybe it was just a problem with VOOM, and the premiums earlier?

GeneWildershair said:
I'm watching UHF right now on HBOHD, and this problem is back. Anyone else? it drops picture and audio.

See the same thing here.

Mr. Biggles said:
See the same thing here.

I knew it wasn't just my box! Anyways I called VOOM but talking to those CSR's are like talking to brick walls. It's funny how they can't check out problems like these, the way D* can. When I have an issue with D* like this one, they tune in and look to see if they see it. Hopefully one day VOOM support will be able to check things like this.

Is it still there? I have been watching exclusively VOOM channels tonight..... I guess it is only on premium channels.

Sean Mota said:
Is it still there? I have been watching exclusively VOOM channels tonight..... I guess it is only on premium channels.

it seems gone now. It's really wierd. Maybe they are working on the premiums today? But you'd think VOOM CSR's would be able tell if they were? :rolleyes:

GeneWildershair said:
I knew it wasn't just my box!

I don't think any thing is wrong with your STB. This STB or the PG software is totally incaple of intense multi-tasking. You just can't 'work' the box or it just coughs and hiccups.

The picture issue is totally seperate on the other end.

Did you notice that HBO is fine now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)