anyone else receive the 508 letter?

kenny9966

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 6, 2004
Stillwater Oklahoma
i got a letter(from dish) saying dish network will replace my old 508 sometime in the next 2 years and i will be billed the $6 dvr fee but will be credited $6 every month for the next 24 months. anyone know a time frame on this the letter was really vague to be honest.

kenny9966 said:
i got a letter(from dish) saying dish network will replace my old 508 sometime in the next 2 years and i will be billed the $6 dvr fee but will be credited $6 every month for the next 24 months. anyone know a time frame on this the letter was really vague to be honest.

That reciever is being phased out. You could always call, or pm a DIRT memeber.

It will occur within the next 24 months. It will really depend on how many accounts choose to voluntarily upgrade now. At some point the swap will become mandatory but no exact date has been set for that as of yet.

Was a nice free ride for those of us with 501/508/721 , but now charlie has figured out a way to make us all pay.

Was a nice free ride for those of us with 501/508/721 , but now charlie has figured out a way to make us all pay.

There's still the 211 +EHD option.
I already had a EHD to use, so I was just out the $40 fee. Doesn't take long to save that though.

Re-opening an old post. I got this letter 2 years ago. Fast forard 2 years - I got the post card. I have four owned 508's because they were NEVER supposed to get DVR fees. Now 24 months later my swaps never happened and now my bill will be going up. I called the 1-800-333-DISH and explained the letter where I was advised that DISH would be swapping out my devices at no cost to me and without having to re-enter an agreement. I was advised that they were not aware of such an offer but for $ and a new contract I could get the Hopper. First I still have 4 SD TV's so I think the Hopper is out. IS it time to jump to another Satellite company?

Strike #1 - 501/508's will never have a DVR fee
Strike #2 - We will swap out your receivers for free
Strike #3 - Sorry, no idea of this letter you speak but for $ and a contract we can upgrade you.

Re-opening an old post. I got this letter 2 years ago. Fast forard 2 years - I got the post card. I have four owned 508's because they were NEVER supposed to get DVR fees. Now 24 months later my swaps never happened and now my bill will be going up. I called the 1-800-333-DISH and explained the letter where I was advised that DISH would be swapping out my devices at no cost to me and without having to re-enter an agreement. I was advised that they were not aware of such an offer but for $ and a new contract I could get the Hopper. First I still have 4 SD TV's so I think the Hopper is out. IS it time to jump to another Satellite company?

Strike #1 - 501/508's will never have a DVR fee
Strike #2 - We will swap out your receivers for free
Strike #3 - Sorry, no idea of this letter you speak but for $ and a contract we can upgrade you.

You should be getting the renewed 24 months of credits.Several members here got postcards in the mail last week,informing us of the extended credits.

get the VIP211 and you can activate a external harddrive (onetime fee ~$49 if I remember) then no DVR fee

Do as KAb suggested,pm a dirt member.They extended the dvr credits for 24 more months,starting this August,you should definitely qualify for that.

I have PM'ed we will see now

I have sent a PM to one DIRT member yesterday and one today, still awaiting a reply. I would hope they would extend the credits until they swap out my 508's.

Allen

I got the post card too. Funny thing is my 508 died last January. I replaced it at that time and have not had a 508 on my account since then. My account on line shows the correct receivers that I have too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)