Anyone Else Seem to Notice

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My HR 24 does the same thing. When I wake up in the morning and turn on Directv and change channel to CNN it takes up to a minute to initiate the change.

Happening here too... HR24 and HR20

Sent from my Mototola Brickphone using SatelliteGuys

Same here, since the last NR this has been happening to both my receivers. This is not just a couple of isolated incidents, time to start "informing" D* about their problem. It seems that until they have enough reports of the same problem they don't start looking into it seriously.
At least for me this problem has been getting worse, in that the delay was a couple of seconds and now can be as long as 30secs. I really don't think that this is what A DIRECTV CUSTOMER NEEDS TO GO THROUGH TO WATCH TV!:mad:
Start sending emails and making the calls to D* cuz this aint right.
headshake.gif

Both of mine do the same. I change the channel. The banner shows it changes to that channel but the screen stays black and no audio is heard for a few seconds. The resolution indication light changes to the resolution for that channel.

One HR24 has a phone line connected, and is connected to the tv with the component cables. The other doesn't have a phone line and is connected to the tv with HDMI. Neither have Ethernet or swm.

Only one of mine is hooked to ethernet..no SWM

This morning it took extremely long but I had flipped to the Wimbledon channel...took about 20 seconds...normally its within 10

Yep, probably just piling on at this point, but I'm having the same problem with my HR24.

Additionally, my wife and I have both noticed a little - I dunno, I guess you'd call it "jerkiness" on some of the channels. Just tiny jitters in the programs the last few weeks. I don't know if these are related issues - but it's something we've encountered normally when we get low on DVR space (under 40% available or so). But these days, we're around 75 to 80% free space but are having the issue.

Yep, probably just piling on at this point, but I'm having the same problem with my HR24.

Additionally, my wife and I have both noticed a little - I dunno, I guess you'd call it "jerkiness" on some of the channels. Just tiny jitters in the programs the last few weeks. I don't know if these are related issues - but it's something we've encountered normally when we get low on DVR space (under 40% available or so). But these days, we're around 75 to 80% free space but are having the issue.

I've been noticing the "jerkiness", too. I wondered if it was a dish alignment thing, as well, but the signal meters are registering the same that they always have. My morning delays are all about 10 seconds and not the 30 seconds that everyone else is advertising. The delays in scrolling the guide are far more annoying. Guide function has been just horrible for the last week or two.

And no sooner do I claim the "blackouts" are no longer than 10 seconds...... this morning it was more than 1 minute. Out of curiosity, I timed it after what seemed like about 15 seconds.

OK guy, is it happening when ever the unit is turned on ?
Meaning IF I turn it off and back on it takes extra time to change the channel each time (If so, you can replicate the issue).
If it's only the first time it's turned on during the day, you pretty much can't.

Btw, turning the box off and back on should not do anything to the box, seeing the box never goes OFF.

i'm seeing this everyday when i come home and turn it on. after it happens once it doesn't happen again until the next day. thats on both the HR24 and the HR20. i don't know whats up but this is happening to a lot of people. it has nothing to do with the software since its from may 26 and this started happening little less than two weeks ago. what i am noticing as of late is too many ads in the guide. whatever it is the last time most of us had issues at the same time it had to do with D* screwing up something with the guide.

If you hit the "select" button while your screen is black it will go to the new channel right away...otherwise the black screen has been lasting up to 45 seconds for me on my various receivers.

I left on the 24 in living room on overnight to see if it would do the same thing, but when I got up this morning, the kids were already watching that tv and they had changed the channel. I'll try it again tonight.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts