Anyone Else Seem to Notice

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I always keep my receivers on(HR24-500,HR23-700,& HR22-100). I have native setting on. I notice lapses on HD channels when going from 1080i channels to 720p & vice versa. There are times though when the lag seems longer than usual. I also have occasionally had the picture become wavy on my HR24. Rebooting takes care of that. All of my receivers have the latest CE,but the lag seems to have been going on for weeks.

If you hit the "select" button while your screen is black it will go to the new channel right away...otherwise the black screen has been lasting up to 45 seconds for me on my various receivers.
thanks i'll try that today

I've noticed it seems to do it at random times. I've turned off the unit for 5 hours and came back and it worked fine. But then its been off for 2 hours and have the issue

Ok, I just got home, turned on TV as I always do ....
Watched ESPN2 for about 5 minutes and changed to 206 for PTI, went to the channel using the number pad and it changed about normal, a sec or two and picture.

Now, are you guys going directly to a channel via the number buttons, or are you using the guide and hitting select in the menu.... is that making a difference ?

Did a triple reset in a row and it worked ok today. Let's see tomorrow

The weather did a reset for me the other day but still no change. Maybe this was not caused by a software update but HOPEFULLY it can be fixed with one.

I talked to a CSR and he said to turn the native setting off and also clean out the "series manager" file in "Manage Recordings"-seems this saves everything that you have ever used the "record series" option on forever' even if the program is off the air for years.
This essentially fixed the delay problem on both of my HR22's. He also admitted there is a software issue with the newest release.

Still good after that crazy triple reset. Gonna do the same to the HR20 now which is still doing it.

I did the triple thing Friday morning on all my HD DVRs and working fine now

Sent from my Colecovision using SatelliteGuys

Just a reminder: if you restart your DVR twice within a short time span your guide cache will be cleared and will need to be rebuilt. This doesn't pose a problem, but don't be alarmed if you immediately go to the guide after the second restart and don't see program titles beyond the next day or so. The guide will repopulate slowly and should be back to normal within about 24 hours.

Would a single reset fix the issue? I reset the receivers once and haven't seen the problem again but I might just be lucky. I'll keep an eye if the problem comes back.

I did a reboot twice and it seemed to fix it

But this is weird...Did that around 4:00 and no biggie. Came home around 9:00 and the receiver rebooted on its own. Then I had to do a 2nd reboot because the remote wouldn't work. Now its all fine and no lag (other than the normal 1-2 second delay)

Would a single reset fix the issue? I reset the receivers once and haven't seen the problem again but I might just be lucky. I'll keep an eye if the problem comes back.

Single reset didn't do it for me. The three resets one after the other immediately did trick

Status
Please reply by conversation.