Anyone Else Seem to Notice

Status
Please reply by conversation.
stonecold posted this yesterday

There was a update to our stream. Please press the red reboot button and wait 15 minutes for the box to go back to normal functions.

so it looks like they fixed it...as long as you do a reboot ;)

Iceberg said:

There was a update to our stream. Please press the red reboot button and wait 15 minutes for the box to go back to normal functions.

I feel stupid: where is that button? Thanks!

[Cached:20:37:15-20:57:15]recent slowness on DVRs | High Definition Digital Video | DIRECTV Technical Help Forums For those people who have seen a sudden slowdown on their DVRs (like 30 seconds of blank/grey screens when changing channels), this was NOT caused by a software update. It was triggered by a problem in the DirecTV data stream that only affected DVRs that were left in standby for a period. The faulty data has been corrected. A reboot will clear the effects of the faulty data (it has on my two DVRs). Receiving the new software version will have the same effect. Note: This is NOT going to solve all the "my DVR is slow" reports. It should return the DVR response to where it was a month or so ago.

I received a software update overnight that has cleared up the problem for me. 0x4a8

Will the red button re-boot delete our saved recordings??

Thanks!!

Nope, it's the equivalent to the "Restart Receiver" command you can find in the menus. It's mostly just a power-cycle for the device.

My DVRs are never in standby and all of them have experienced the delays in changing channels, so if DIRECTV identified "standby" as the root cause I hope they continue to investigate... I'm still seeing longer than normal delays changing channels, even after restarting on my own and even after receiving the software push yesterday morning.

Are you saying you never turn off your dvrs?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)