Anyone elses VOOM time off?

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I was just flipping through the channels on my VOOM box, I noticed that they were doing the lottery drawings, on the screen was the time, it said it was 10:30 however the VOOM guide was showing that the time was 10:32, the VOOM box was off by 2 minutes.

I checked a few of the other Off Air Channels and shows were just starting. I honestly believe that the time on my VOOM box is off by 2 minutes.

Is anyone else seeing this and if not is there any way to correct this?

HeavyC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 20, 2004
Mine was off after my install, but it seems to have corrected itself now.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I had to reboot my unit this morning, it was acting wacky, I was getting the Auction channel on most of my channels.

I will check when I get home maybe it has fixed itself.

I just thought it was off the VOOM clock said it was 10:32 while the live Lottery drawing said it was 10:30. :D

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Scott Greczkowski said:
I just thought it was off the VOOM clock said it was 10:32 while the live Lottery drawing said it was 10:30. :D
I guess they are broadcasting with a 2-minute delay... to avoid any surpises, you know ;)

My STB's clock seems to be accurate. Within seconds.

bestspartan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Oct 16, 2003
Mine isn't off by 2 minutes, but I do notice when I use my program planner, it switches channels/turns on about 30 seconds into the show. Is there a way to calibrate the clock?

PBHDinSD

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 9, 2004
San Diego
Hmm, Shouldn't they be broadcasting GPS Time? For instance on your cell, the time on the cell network comes from GPS? I would imagine Voom and other TV sats networks would do the same, so it should never be off by 2 mins etc...

quincy

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 7, 2004
Ive noticed my program guide saying a new show has started but when i turn to the channel it still the preceeding show for a few minutes

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
Mine is the same time as CBS & Dish. I was watching Voom the other night and monitoring CBS OTA on my Dish 6000 so I could switch to Cold Case on my Voom stb and the show came on at 8 straight up, but I haven't bothered to check the actual times on the 2 boxes to compare them.