Anyone elses VOOM time off?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I was just flipping through the channels on my VOOM box, I noticed that they were doing the lottery drawings, on the screen was the time, it said it was 10:30 however the VOOM guide was showing that the time was 10:32, the VOOM box was off by 2 minutes.

I checked a few of the other Off Air Channels and shows were just starting. I honestly believe that the time on my VOOM box is off by 2 minutes.

Is anyone else seeing this and if not is there any way to correct this?

Mine was off after my install, but it seems to have corrected itself now.

I had to reboot my unit this morning, it was acting wacky, I was getting the Auction channel on most of my channels.

I will check when I get home maybe it has fixed itself.

I just thought it was off the VOOM clock said it was 10:32 while the live Lottery drawing said it was 10:30. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
I just thought it was off the VOOM clock said it was 10:32 while the live Lottery drawing said it was 10:30. :D
I guess they are broadcasting with a 2-minute delay... to avoid any surpises, you know ;)

My STB's clock seems to be accurate. Within seconds.

Mine isn't off by 2 minutes, but I do notice when I use my program planner, it switches channels/turns on about 30 seconds into the show. Is there a way to calibrate the clock?

Hmm, Shouldn't they be broadcasting GPS Time? For instance on your cell, the time on the cell network comes from GPS? I would imagine Voom and other TV sats networks would do the same, so it should never be off by 2 mins etc...

Ive noticed my program guide saying a new show has started but when i turn to the channel it still the preceeding show for a few minutes

Mine is the same time as CBS & Dish. I was watching Voom the other night and monitoring CBS OTA on my Dish 6000 so I could switch to Cold Case on my Voom stb and the show came on at 8 straight up, but I haven't bothered to check the actual times on the 2 boxes to compare them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)