Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I was just flipping through the channels on my VOOM box, I noticed that they were doing the lottery drawings, on the screen was the time, it said it was 10:30 however the VOOM guide was showing that the time was 10:32, the VOOM box was off by 2 minutes.

I checked a few of the other Off Air Channels and shows were just starting. I honestly believe that the time on my VOOM box is off by 2 minutes.

Is anyone else seeing this and if not is there any way to correct this?

Mine was off after my install, but it seems to have corrected itself now.

I had to reboot my unit this morning, it was acting wacky, I was getting the Auction channel on most of my channels.

I will check when I get home maybe it has fixed itself.

I just thought it was off the VOOM clock said it was 10:32 while the live Lottery drawing said it was 10:30. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
I just thought it was off the VOOM clock said it was 10:32 while the live Lottery drawing said it was 10:30. :D
I guess they are broadcasting with a 2-minute delay... to avoid any surpises, you know ;)

My STB's clock seems to be accurate. Within seconds.

Mine isn't off by 2 minutes, but I do notice when I use my program planner, it switches channels/turns on about 30 seconds into the show. Is there a way to calibrate the clock?

Hmm, Shouldn't they be broadcasting GPS Time? For instance on your cell, the time on the cell network comes from GPS? I would imagine Voom and other TV sats networks would do the same, so it should never be off by 2 mins etc...

Ive noticed my program guide saying a new show has started but when i turn to the channel it still the preceeding show for a few minutes

Mine is the same time as CBS & Dish. I was watching Voom the other night and monitoring CBS OTA on my Dish 6000 so I could switch to Cold Case on my Voom stb and the show came on at 8 straight up, but I haven't bothered to check the actual times on the 2 boxes to compare them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts