Anyone excited about the microHD?

So this unit outputs video and audio though 1 mini output plug on the back is that correct? My next question is does the unit output AC3 audio? If so where do you connect the coaxial output for that to run it through your AC3 audio processor and out through your connected speakers to hear programs that are encoded with AC3 audio?

also HMDI

yes through both the HDMI and the RCA plugs

Thanks for responding back so quickly, Not meaning to sound dumb or repeat myself just trying to understand the unit fully because I am interested in upgrading to it from my Traxis 3500. So if my TV has an HDMI input on it then I could run an HDMI cable out the back of the Micro HD unit and into the HDMI plug on the back of my TV and hear regular satellite audio through my TV speakers as well as hear any audio that is broadcast in AC3 through my tv speakers as well? Is there a yellow RCA jack on the back for the video output? if not is the video ran through the same mini jack? if so how do you split that out? Thanks and sorry for all the questions just trying to figure it all out with my setup. Will this unit get all the current formats of unencrypted video that is available currently on satellites including the major networks like NBC CBS etc.?

Excited as well but I will say I am a bit worried about the the way it is setup. I hope it is easy to use unlike some of the other receivers I have seen. I haven't seen any walk throughs on the menus or the documentation to it.

Just hope it is layed out by satellite position then each one has the config under it for the frequency, switch, motor, then the TPs, then the channels to that position. Just hope the hierarchy is setup correctly on this thing to make it a great receiver.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

I'm excited, but waiting to see some reviews and screenshots before I take the plunge. I also would have liked to see it come with a small stand to set the receiver upright. My main problem with the Skybox S12 is that due to it's small size like the MicroHD aiming the remote control is difficult if the receiver is positioned too low or too high in your entertainment system.

Thanks for responding back so quickly, Not meaning to sound dumb or repeat myself just trying to understand the unit fully because I am interested in upgrading to it from my Traxis 3500. So if my TV has an HDMI input on it then I could run an HDMI cable out the back of the Micro HD unit and into the HDMI plug on the back of my TV and hear regular satellite audio through my TV speakers as well as hear any audio that is broadcast in AC3 through my tv speakers as well? Is there a yellow RCA jack on the back for the video output? if not is the video ran through the same mini jack? if so how do you split that out? Thanks and sorry for all the questions just trying to figure it all out with my setup. Will this unit get all the current formats of unencrypted video that is available currently on satellites including the major networks like NBC CBS etc.?
You can run a HDMI cable directly to your TV with sound out through the TV's speakers. The mini cable plugs into the back and has the yellow RCA composite video and the RCA red/white audio plugs on the end of that cable. So you could run audio (AC3) through either or both of the HDMI or the RCA connectors.
It will decode most of the unencrypted programing out there. But not 4:2:2 video.
Bob

I'm excited, but waiting to see some reviews and screenshots before I take the plunge. I also would have liked to see it come with a small stand to set the receiver upright. My main problem with the Skybox S12 is that due to it's small size like the MicroHD aiming the remote control is difficult if the receiver is positioned too low or too high in your entertainment system.
I got mine last night (a day early) and played with it some.

I have never used a GEOSATpro receiver before, but to me the menus and layout felt like an old friend. Very easy to setup. I like that the satellites listed are only satellites you can receive here in North America and they have the C and KU band seperated. One of the things that I noticed about it was that the tuner seemes more sensitive then my Manhattan, I say that because the NBC East Feed on 105 C Band breaks up often on the Manhattan, but without moving the dish and plugging the satellite cable into the microHD I was able to watch NBC for a few hours without a signle breakup.

Too bad I won't have more time to play with it until Thursday.

I can't believe how SMALL it is. A lot more micro then I thought.

Awesome, Thanks and I believe I am pretty much sold on the unit. Now the hard part to convince the wife this is a needed piece of equipment. sigh

So if my TV has an HDMI input on it then I could run an HDMI cable out the back of the Micro HD unit and into the HDMI plug on the back of my TV and hear regular satellite audio through my TV speakers as well as hear any audio that is broadcast in AC3 through my tv speakers as well?
yup

Is there a yellow RCA jack on the back for the video output? if not is the video ran through the same mini jack? if so how do you split that out? Thanks and sorry for all the questions just trying to figure it all out with my setup.
it comes with a 3.5mm jack to a 3 wire cable so if you want to use the red/white/yellow plugs n the back of the TV (or dvd recorder) you can
Will this unit get all the current formats of unencrypted video that is available currently on satellites including the major networks like NBC CBS etc.?
yup pretty much

And if I remember right we tore apart the receiver even before they were available especially on the blind scan capability?

3 reasons why I am excited for it....and by the way I do have one ;)
1. it works out of the box like its suppose to
2. support is done here in the US and not across the ocean in Japan or Korea or China where their means for FTA are dramatically different
3. I've worked with enough Geosat products I'm sure Brian isn't going to put a pile out just to make some money like other companies do (what model is Openbox on now...model 667?). Brian listens to folks who have a product and makes changes as need be. Heck on the Geosat 200 we posted a list of upgrades needed on transponders and within a week there was an update.

I guess I'd rather spend the money for a product I know is going to be good from the get-go and if there is an issue Brian will get that fixed than spend a little less and be disappointed (or worse be a beta tester).

Last edited:
I'm excited ;) ... Got three units on the way, and will be starting a thread soon about how to mount your microHD (and other assorted, related video devices) into a 4RU mobile rack case :D ...

Never been one to be " 1st in " but I'm taken a chance on this US built & supported box. PS. What sold me was this thread to support microHD and the people here!! Can't wait to plug it in:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts