Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Welcome to our new GEOSATpro microHD discussion forum!

The new GEOSATpro microHD receiver goes on sale TONIGHT at MIDNIGHT!

Is anyone as excited about it as I am? Mine is scheduled to arrive tommorow but I wont get to play with it as my son will be graduating high school tomorrow night. But I want to play with it so bad I am considering calling in sick to work!

Which feature are you most looking forward to using on the microHD? For me its going to be the Official Slingbox support! In the past while I have been able to control my receivers with a Slingbox it was jury rigged and was missing many of the buttons that I needed to use from remote. With the microHD you have Official Support from SlingMedia, meaning when you setup your Slingbox with your microHD you will see GEOSATpro as one of the listed supported products, when you select GEOSATpro then you will see the actual microHD remote on your screen, meaning all functions are available to you everywhere! So no matter where you are you can control and watch your dish as home just like you were sitting in front of your TV at home!

Since I work and travel a lot being able to control my C/KU band dish when I am away from home is important to me. When news breaks I want to see it and now I can!

I am happy that I could do my part and help SatelliteAV make this Slingbox intergration possible. Beisdes having a number of meetings with Sling management the process took over 6 months to make a reality! My thanks to everyone at Sling for working with us to get this done! :)

For those other lucky folks who have received their microHD's feel free to post your reviews in this forum and also if you have an issue or question about your microHD this is the place to post it as well!

A big thank you to SatelliteAV for working with our members to create this new recevier! :)

Scott,

I have to agree with the Slingbox support. I have about 1/2 my receivers configured with my Slingboxes but as you say remotely we don't have every function available. Being that most of my satellite "playtime" is remote this is important to me!

Looking forward to a microHD soon!

You'll have Halifax talked into it by the end of the week.:D

!!!! 12 V DC to run off the BATTERIES without the inverter or the generator. Small and light enough to fit in the cubby hole in the overhead left of the drivers seat in the motor home. A wonderful meter to make the capture of the satellite signal quick, easy and also easy to peak the signal every other night or so while on the road!

The features every one else added will be fine also, but those are the first priorities for me. EXTRAS:
Such as... all three signals in one cable to make it easy to snake wires to the other TV and outside to the patio TV.
Low heat from the unit - not overheat when the cupboard door is closed!
DVR for recording -- although would like to have had usb socket on the front. But using a 15 inch extension cord will work.
When I get my hands on it -- I know there will be more. Especially the price. The only competitor for RV use is "in process" for 6+ years (Sept. 2005 - Winegard) and was going to sell for $1300 +/-. (looks like a Dish brand rec.) And it was too big and heavy.

I know most of you WANT all those extras, and those extras mean more sales, which means a lower price! Which means I may get more than one (or 5). I am going to get a Geosat dish and see if I can get a reasonably priced GPS auto positioner for it. That would make a Plug and Play package for the RVer that wants to spend money! (He's the one who spends $5000 for the $450 solar panel set-up I have! - yeah, the installer copied mine.)

Not really, since it doesn't have any composite output it won't work with my system which was a big disappointment for me. So next week I'll be ordering two of the new Traxis 6000 HD units.

It does have a composite output -- or did you mean component?

Not really, since it doesn't have any composite output it won't work with my system which was a big disappointment for me. So next week I'll be ordering two of the new Traxis 6000 HD units.
The specs for the microHD have been out for how long now? The fact that it does not have a component video output should not be a surprise to anyone at this point in the game. :)

Of course the microHD has Composite and Dolby Decoded RCA AV output! The composite video is fixed 480i, which is separate from the 4801i - 1080P HDMI resolution settings.

Now you will be buying two microHD receivers! :D

Of course the microHD has Composite and Dolby Decoded RCA AV output! The composite video is fixed 480i, which is separate from the 4801i - 1080P HDMI resolution settings.

Now you will be buying two microHD receivers! :D

Now I have to rethink whether I can use your receivers instead as I'm so used to having the standard RCA outputs on the back of the receivers that I hadn't thought about using anything else. Are the boxes coming with any cables? I'm looking into the possible that maybe I can use a cable from maybe the HDMI output to my Channel Plus modulator 3 RCA RGB inputs.
So if using cables will work then I'll be buying the MicroHD units.

It's no big deal. A mini-plug to 3 x RCA connectors cable is $1 at Dollarama, Dollar store, etc. Three RCA-female to RCA-female adapters ($1 each) will be another $3. $4 total. Now you've got three RCA female connectors just like composite output on any receiver.

The mini to RCA cable is included with the microHD. This can plug directly into your RF modulator and if it's not long enough, RCA extensions or the double female RCA barrels are easy to find. I've seen plenty of two male RCAs to stereo 3.5mm male cables at Dollarama, Great Canadian Dollar Store, etc., but I don't ever recall seeing THREE RCAs to 3.5mm, so be good to the cable they give you! :)

The mini to RCA cable is included with the microHD. This can plug directly into your RF modulator and if it's not long enough, RCA extensions or the double female RCA barrels are easy to find. I've seen plenty of two male RCAs to stereo 3.5mm male cables at Dollarama, Great Canadian Dollar Store, etc., but I don't ever recall seeing THREE RCAs to 3.5mm, so be good to the cable they give you! :)

After looking I've found some on Ebay for both the HDMI and mini to the RCA and only a couple dollars. Happy to say I'll be getting the microHD receivers next week.

After looking I've found some on Ebay for both the HDMI and mini to the RCA and only a couple dollars. Happy to say I'll be getting the microHD receivers next week.

Not sure the purpose of this Ebay item, but it will not convert HDMI digital signals to analog component. There is another thread regarding these adapter cables. HDMI output is digital, component signals are analog. The cable fooled me as well until another member pointed out the digital/analog issue.... Of Course! I felt foolish! :doh:

You would need a HDMI to Component convertor such as this HDMI to 5 RCA Component Convertor $31.59 with free shipping.

Last edited: