Anyone know what's up with Orby?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sat programming is still working. I think the company sold to dish. lol
Maybe there is a reason why we moved to a new server. ;)

(And that reason was the other server was 10 years old, and by moving to a new server we are saving over $300 a month on hosting alone) :D. (Aka nothing to do with Orby.)

• Haha
Reactions: comfortably_numb
Tvland1 Are you still receiving programing or is anyone still receiving programing? I took my dish down a couple months ago so I can install a new pipe for the dish. I didn,t bother stopping the monthly payment as I expected to have the new pipe done by now. I was just using the receiver for a tv antenna ota receiver. Ps I couldn,t find them cheap receivers that someone here mentioned that was on ebay but there is lots of others there. If they did go bankrupt do you think they can still bill us?
Yes still working for everyone but for how long is question nobody knows..I rethought about my credit card and since mine is due on the 20th I'm just going to let it go and see what happens..If they charge me or possibly they won't and the programming will quit on the due date.Will be interesting to see what happens with all of us

Was that $10 each or $10 for all 10? It could be someone dishonest like the last ebay seller that scamed me. He sold me a new perculater for $24.50 when the going price that other sellers were selling for 55 to 60 dollars. I even got a tracking number that fed-x delivered it the day before I even bought it. Ebay did refund my money as they cound not get him to reply. . I think the receivers would make good fta receivers. Tv land, your assumptions might be right. If it is I can use the dish for fta and receiverrs for off the air tv. So not a big loss As I got 1 receiver for 50 and the other for 75 so got my moneys worth.
Here is the link. The regular non DVR disappeared from Best Buy a few days ago even though all of the stores near me each had multiple units. I was thinking Orby or Best Buy rounded them all up and sent them to a liquidator.

Found this post on Facebook search for Orby..So at least they did refund this guys money

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210216-220745.png
    Screenshot_20210216-220745.png
    60 KB · Views: 380
Reactions: FTA4PA
Things come and go. It's no more a risk to have Orby than to have decided to buy into any other kind of "media" in our past. I've had Starband Internet servcie, (first for consumers, I believe, back in the 90's)...then I was a subscriber to a one-way internet service that sent OUTGONG requests through phone line, and INCOMING web and email through a standard C-band large dish and receiver in my PC, both of which came and went. I had 4DTV and enjoyed it, and I used the satellite TV service that was meant as add-on to cable systems....(can't remember the name of it now) about a decade ago...the one that used the Motorola DSR series boxes. Things come and go. I think we all just need to take a breath and ....wait. Things change. One thing for "experimenters" is...that the dishes will be repurposed for sure...if not used for Orby anymore..and ...remarkably..I've had EXCELLENT RECEPTION from the Orby provided terrestrial antennas! With ONE amplifier at the TV end (not at the antenna where it should be) I can pull in over 50 channels at a radio station, next to 3 towers, near a power line, and a metal roof. Granted, none of this helps anyone IF the service goes away...but...it's the facts of services I've seen come and go in the past of which I've been a part...and enjoyed.

Reactions: FTA4PA and Tvland1
If dish did buy orby we probably will know soon enough. If orby don,t work any longer I will lick my wounds and the days for paying for satelite will be over for me. I wasn,t watching it that much anyway I will just go on with fta satelite and tv antenna tv as I get more than I can watch there anyway.
I'm into Orby for about $350 and 15 months of service..that comes out to $24 month for the equipment and add the $50 month package I used so $74 month on 4 tv's was still better programming for me than what I have with Dish..Guess it's going to be back to Dish with the religious channels and infomercials package again with less real programming

Mine was "on agan off again"....and I even installed for friends, but..they're cool with whatever...liking OTA, as am I. My over the air is 50-plus channels, TabloTV is an excellent over the air recording system which I enjoy, and with a little FTA and only subbing to Netflix and Amazon which I use for shipping, Orby is a luxury, and I can repurpose my dish for FTA, including the extra 2 or 3 I have!

Reactions: solarvic
Actually that orbyand aimed it to youngstown ohio about 40 or maybe more and it gets a real strong signal. tv antenna works well for me. I stuck it on my tower when I had it layed down. So I have received my moneys worth.

the link. The regular non DVR disappeared from Best Buy a few days ago even though all of the stores near me each had multiple units. I was thinking Orby or Best Buy rounded them all up and sent them to a liquidator.

On your first post I took it that there were 10 sat receivers for $10. So i was thinking either $10 per pc or 10 would be $100 for all. I only paid $50 for one of my orbys and $75 for the other one at best buy.

Reactions: pamajestic
I hope their not folding, I don't want to pick up dish or directv with their "inch the price up every month" business model, and have to pay someone else to come over and install it, not to mention equipment leasing........

Reactions: TRG and FTA4PA
I'm thinking more channels to come so yes the price will go up for sure if it happens.
TP 12020 v 30000 S2 8psk with nothing on it now though.

We have had the $40 per month package since November 2019 and have been pleased with it. Like a few others have said though, if it's over, we will not be moving to DISH or DirecTV. Before Orby we had OTA, FTA and Amazon Prime streaming and always found enough to watch so it won't be a big deal to go back to that. :)

Another thought - If they are not activating new customers and you can't access your account to add receivers if you are a current subscriber then why would anyone be foolish enough to buy these discounted receivers on Best Buy and eBay? :what2

Mr dutchman> You think you know it all. I said it could be weather related and you tryed to make me look stupid for bringing it up. I have a brother in law in Texas that just got out of the hospital after the second time in the hospital with covid. And when I got my obry,s set up the gal told me she was working in arizona.
I was certainly not trying to make you or anyone else look stupid! I simply commented that Orby's headquarters location indicated that the weather was not an issue on that end. If you took offense at my post I sincerely apologize, since that was never my intent.

apology accepted. With the present weather conditions and covid issues I thought it could be weather related. Even with burbank headquarters certain parts of the satelite industry are spread out to other parts of our country so could have been weather related. Looks now like some kind of finance problem that we all will have to wait and see.

Reactions: NYDutch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)