Anyone know what's up with Orby?

Thinking, If ORBY had (NBCUniversal network: USA, SYFY, E!, Bravo, GOLF, NBCS) and a Sport network, for example; NBA TV (Same management by ) TNT, TBS, ect. Maybe they would have had more clients and had a good position.

Orby TV is headquartered in Burbank, CA, so I doubt ice or snow is an issue...

Thinking, If ORBY had (NBCUniversal network: USA, SYFY, E!, Bravo, GOLF, NBCS) and a Sport network, for example; NBA TV (Same management by ) TNT, TBS, ect. Maybe they would have had more clients and had a good position.
Then it would have been as expensive as the others.

Reactions: SDA_FL_USA
Alot of content is discovery networks channels.Being Discovery is now doing a paid streaming service Discovery+ Thier company should buy Orby if it is for sale and have it part of the Discovery + service via Satellite for the Rural folk. I know they could afford it.

Well since we can't get anywhere with Orby representative's I figured I might as well try to shake a few leaves at Best Buy.. There's a link to email them regarding press story's so I consider myself a reporter for satellite guys and sent them a message asking how they can be selling a product that is inoperable and promoting false advertising.. Look up the DVR Clearance and read the Product Overview.. clearly false advertising now!! See if I shake any leaves...LOL.. I've got too much time on my hands..

If you’re a reporter working on a story about Best Buy or Geek Squad, you can contact Best Buy Media Relations at press@bestbuy.com.

I hope Orby is able to persevere.
This whole thing reminds me of the Sky Angel fiasco I was in years ago. Sky Angel offered a $500 "lifetime" subscription that I paid, but shortly after (I don't remember the timeframe) they suspended satellite and went internet, which I couldn't get (had dialup internet that was slower than death, but all I could get back then).
Looked to me that Sky Angel knew their switch to internet was in the works but were actively seeking "lifetime" $500 subscriptions anyway. Pretty dishonest IMO. Didn't set well with me that a "Christian" company would be involved in that.
Now looks like a possible repeat; a company with inside information about internal problems, selling receivers/DVRs to unsuspecting people who won't be able to activate them. Hope I'm wrong, but I think something smells here.
Still have my programming, so I guess there's still hope they will be OK.
Seems like everything is streaming now, who knows how long satellite will be around?

Reactions: SDA_FL_USA
Wait... How did you add HBO when their website and phone number are inactive? :what2
What i did:

i have a link direct to i think equipment page on site under account.

initially i got the "no new customers" error. I just hit reload a few times and it comes up.

i then went to service tab. Checked hbo. Clicked update service. It took a LONG TIME to come back and say completed.
much LONGER than when i added extras and LONGER than when i added dvr, both separate occasions in the past. It took so LONG that i thought it was failing. I was shocked to learn it went thru complete with charge.

i then turned on receiver to check and yep, hbo...

i will upload pic of charge to card at prorated rate.

side note, i never logged out of my orby account. Ever. anytime i went to orby account i was already logged in. Probably allowed "remember password" or whatever. Have had service approx 10 months. Only logged in to activate after that was always logged in.

Reactions: FTA4PA
What i did:

i have a link direct to i think equipment page on site under account.

initially i got the "no new customers" error. I just hit reload a few times and it comes up.

i then went to service tab. Checked hbo. Clicked update service. It took a LONG TIME to come back and say completed.
much LONGER than when i added extras and LONGER than when i added dvr, both separate occasions in the past. It took so LONG that i thought it was failing. I was shocked to learn it went thru complete with charge.

i then turned on receiver to check and yep, hbo...

i will upload pic of charge to card at prorated rate.

side note, i never logged out of my orby account. Ever. anytime i went to orby account i was already logged in. Probably allowed "remember password" or whatever. Have had service approx 10 months. Only logged in to activate after that was always logged in.
If it worked for you then you are a lucky man. I've tried getting into that site to access my account for days from several bookmarks and it's a no go. Sometimes get a brief flash of the actual site but always goes to that 'At this time, we are not activating customer accounts' page. :(

If it worked for you then you are a lucky man. I've tried getting into that site to access my account for days from several bookmarks and it's a no go. Sometimes get a brief flash of the actual site but always goes to that 'At this time, we are not activating customer accounts' page. :(
Just curious but if the site worked for you today (I understand you said it didn't work but if it could load for you) would you have to enter your password or does it remember your login?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts