Anyone NOT using the RC64 remote for their HR20?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

9volt

Original poster
Jan 24, 2008
I'd really like to change to a different remote. I don't like the way the RC64 feels in my hand. Having the number buttons at the very bottom just feels awkward.

After searching through some previous threads about remotes, the consensus is that there doesn't seem to be many choices of universal remotes that the HR is compatible with.

Those threads are several months old though and I'd like to revisit this topic. What I'd like to know is if anyone is using a universal for their HR without any problems, and if so, what kind?

Nearly any programmable remote works fine. They 'learn' from your existing remote. The best ones interface with your computer. Once you have the remote programmed, you can save the file to your PC. If for any reason, you 'lose' the programming in the remote, it is a simple job to reload the file from your PC.
I use a Sony RM-AX4000 because of the ease or programming, ease of operation and it was cheap, about $120 ir you look online *might be less as I got it over a year ago).

I use the Logitech Harmony 720 (I think from Target) It works everything...TV, A/V Reciever, DVD Recorder, DVD Player, etc. You can customize any of the buttons to do whatever you want and it's backlit. I disliked the D* remote also, just couldn't get used to it.

Good Luck!

We've got 2 HR20s and use a Harmony 880 on both. They work great. You can pick them up cheap now on Amazon.

I use the 880 for mine too. The reason they are going cheap right now is that Logitech is discontinuing them in favor of the new Harmony One. Get the 880 while you can.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts